Bad
Good

I've been a long time supporter of L'Ouverture; however, this year I've been disappointed. I observed , lack of motivation, unconcern staff and Principal;more so, a lack of interaction with parents. The Principal only gets involved when there in a problem, there's no African American teachers for African American students to relate. The fifth grade teachers walk around with their heads in the air and appear as incompetent as the Principal. The school do not impose any dress code for the Teachers or the students. I've observed female students with halter tops, and shorts so tight and short they appear to be wearing under briefs. Also, I've seen a number of male student sagging, which appear to be normal. Another concern, L'Ouverture do not interact or communicate with the parents about students progress or areas of improvement within the school. I've had the experience of working with Ms. Dulling, who I believe exemplifies the role model all teachers at L'Ouverture should adopt. Hopefully, the Principal and teachers will see this review and do some personal searching, review courses and work over the summer to improve the School standards.

I am not having a good experience with this school this year. My child transferred here from another county at the beginning of the year. There is absolutely NO communication with the parents. How are we supposed to be involved if we don't know what is going on in the classroom? There is no communication with the staff as well. Every time I come in to the school someone always says "That's ____'s issue, not mine." The ball gets passed on a never ending cycle. And since my child learned to read in another district, he does his reading a little different My child will not be attending this school the following year. I cannot have my child attending a school where I receive no feedback on his education.

I would have to agree with the May 21, 2009 post. The teachers and Principle seem to single kids out. There is more focus placed on the staff than the advancement and education of the students. It's been my experience that the staff only wants to do what is required. Anything outside of the bare minimum requirements is bothersome and they would rather get rid of challanges and responsibility. The staff does not communicate with parents well and place all responsibility on the students for their own education. In my opinion, it's an elementary school run as a college. 'if you learned great, if not who cares we still get paid.'

This is an excellent school. They have and use a lot of technology to teach students.

Last modified L'Ouverture Computer Technology Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.