Wichita, KS

Posted April 25, 2014
I love McCollum! This is a great elementary school with a wonderful staff and Teachers who value education. Thank you Ms. Harris, Mrs. Chase, Mrs. Sphar, and all of the other teachers there that have impacted my childs life.

Mccollom Elementary School 1

Posted November 25, 2013
Mrs. Harris is the worst teacher my child has ever had. She is very inattentive, lack of communication, treats some children better then others ( and parents ) My child missed out on a good education.

Posted August 18, 2013
my son has been attending this school since kindergarten, he is now in 5th grade.we love this school!! the principal is amazing! we are going to be very sad at the end of this year because it will mean our time at mc collom will be over.

Posted August 18, 2013
I have a son who went K through 5th grade at McCollom and still have a daughter there in 5th grade and I couldn't be happier with the school. The teachers are amazing and always make time to talk to me about anything I feel I need to talk about. The office staff and principal have a very open door policy and never make you feel like an inconvenience. The students seem to really thrive and the assessment scores prove it. I am so glad my kids were lucky enough to go to this school!

Posted May 26, 2013
My daughter has been at McCollom for the past two years and it is with great sadness that we have to move. The way the curriculum is presented to the students is also communicated to the parents through HomeLinks, so the child has a consistent approach from all angles. The staff are warm, yet set high standards for behavior, respect, and participation that equals out to well rounded, secure, and confident intelligent children. The curriculum is also not drilled into the children, but presented in a very engaging format that also allows advanced children to keep moving forward, while also giving them skills to encourage other students. The ones that need more time are afforded it and still able to move at pace with the other kids. My daughter's self esteem has soared with not only a focus of praise on her ability to read well, but also her talent for art.

Posted May 25, 2010
There isn't room to list everything we love about McCollom Elementary. We live in the Maize district but go to McCollom. There is a new principal this year, & he is very accessible & caring. The gifted program (which our child is in) is the best I've seen anywhere; if your child is gifted, s/he needs to be here! It has a good autistic program too. The school has high academic expectations without being "pressured"; the staff try to give what each student indivudally needs (even if that means more work for them); it has a family atmosphere with good, caring teachers. Parents are valued & welcome at the school; we are also encouraged to participate (many do). My child has been here 2 years & has had fun as well as been challenged academically. If you want a quality education from great, loving teachers, come to McCollom!

Mccollom Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2008
When we moved to Wichita, my sister kept insisting that we move to the Maize district. We found a house in McCollom's boundaries, and I am so happy that we did. I think it's important to judge each school as its own entity, rather than lumping it into the less-than-stellar statistics of USD259 as a whole. The current principal is fabulous: she's caring, accessible, encouraging, and involved. My child's been at the school for 2 years and all his teachers have all been incredibly hands-on. My child is in the gifted program as well as in the regular classroom. We've been very happy with the challenges that the gifted program has presented to my child, and we also love the diversity of the students at the school. If you want a school with a loving, caring staff, send your child to McCollom!

Mccollom Elementary School
1201 Waddington, Wichita, KS  67212
Last modified Mccollom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mccollom Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top