Bad
Good

This is a great school with great teachers and staff. All three of my kids got a terrific start in Kindergarten and have progressed up through the grades, excelling to their own abilities. I recommend McLean to everyone I know.

My son survived Kindergarten here, but we couldn't switch schools fast enough once the year was over. There were several incidents where my son was bullied by other students. I witnessed his teacher rudely and harshly berating a little girl in the class for getting up to get a tissue (the little girl had not gotten up prior to this and she was quiet and not disturbing anyone.) The teacher forgot I was in the classroom and she caught herself and spoke less harshly when she saw me watching. On two separate occasions my son got sick and threw up - in the hallway and in the cafeteria and I never received a phone call. He came home after school both times with a fever/stomach bug. My son's Kindergarten teacher was simply awful - not a nice person at all - to parents or students. She was very negative toward all her students - hardly the kind of teacher you want introducing school to your children. I didn't have a teacher like this one until at least 5th grade - but to have one in Kindergarten nearly ruined school for my son.

Love the new principal and loving the few switches on the teachers have made it a better place!

I was not at all happy with my child's experience at McLean. The kindergarten teacher we had was very rude and impatient with all the kids in her class.

McLean is a great school with great teachers! Our child has attended 3years and we have only great things to say about McLean!

My children absolutely love going to school here! My son is on an IEP and requires a lot of extra resources, and this school has done wonders with him. Kudos to Mrs. G and Mr. Dexter expecially!

Mclean is a wonderful school with excellent teachers. Mrs. G the principal has done a wonderful job in leading this school!

Last modified Mclean Science/Tech Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.