Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

The PRIDE program has students eager to demonstrate positive character traits whenever possible. PRIDE stands for Personal Responsibility Respect Integrity Do Your Best for Excellence.

Wonderful school in a quaint neighborhood. Excellent, caring teachers and dedicated staff. The parent involvement in this school is some of the best I've seen.

Wonderful teachers and my children learned so much. Great community involvement. The teachers work hard to help your children learn every day.

My son is a 4th grader in 2013-14. Since entering kindergarten at Peterson, he has had 4 classroom teachers with at least 20 years' experience each, and a brand new teacher who was fabulous. The teachers and administration work well together and are very creative at figuring out ways to get kids more individual attention for subjects they struggle with. They're even trying a program that pairs older kids with younger kids who have behavioral issues so they can be role models. They're using paras all over the school to improve one-on-one teaching time, turning even large closets into classrooms. I am active in the PTO because I want to help this school remain great. Kansas schools are struggling financially because of the economy and Brownback tax cuts; they need financial resources for personnel and equipment to get this job done. I am very grateful for the dedicated staff at Peterson.

My oldest started at Peterson in the fall of 2007 after a move from California; they were nothing but helpful and receptive. After two and half years we are still inlove with this school. My second child started K there this past school year and the teachers were AMAZING. They know their families by name and are very concerned with their students well being. I could not recommend a better school.

PETERSON is a great school. We have loved every teacher here so far. We are now enrolling our second in the school, and look forward to meeting more new teachers.

Peterson is a wonderful school with great teachers and amazing parental involvement. I was worried with my child entering public schools but 8 years later I have yet to be disappointed. I would highly recommend Peterson to anyone.

Last modified Peterson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.