Posted August 13, 2013
I really like the fact that my baby girl is learning Spanish and English I am a bilingual parent and I do my part also to help, the teachers are great and are always willing to help the only dislike is the location of the school.

Posted May 25, 2011
This is a phenomenal school with great parent involvement, fantastic teachers and a marvelous administrative staff. We couldn't be more delighted with the bi-lingual education our children are receiving here.

Posted July 16, 2010
Both my girls attend and love the school. We are English speakers at home and they do their work in both languages. The school has excellent record of parent involvement. All activities are strongly supported by parents and families. It can be difficult to be on committees when many of the parents are not bi-lingual. But we try and the atmoshpere is very supportive. Our girls were tested as gifted and given the opportunity to go to an all-day gifted program. We chose to keep them at Horace Mann so that they would continue to learn in both languages. Teachers are wonderful and have always been very responsive to our concerns.

Posted May 04, 2010
Horace Mann is like a big family. They are diverse, yet take care of each other.

Posted April 25, 2010
Academic excellence is expected at all grades. Both my children have been there for several years. My only concern is that they both struggle with learning Spanish and at times I think that since math and science are taught in Spanish, they are not making the same progress that they would be if it were taught in English. Excellent Staff. Very good music and orchestra program. The school has won many awards in several different areas. Very nice new building. It's also a K-8 program and I think this is an excellent idea, particularly for the middle school level students. Parents and students don't have to stress about making a middle school transition and the smaller middle school reduces the number of behavioral concerns. Many many students apply for each available seat at this school.

Posted September 16, 2009
Horace Mann is a dual language magnet. Classes are set up so that kids learn in english and spanish at the same time. They consistently win honors for the test scores that children achieve in this K-8th grade school. The school has won many state awards and Horace Mann was named the KS Title I 'School of the Year' for 'Closing the Achievement Gap' in 2008 followed by the National Title I 'School of Excellence' Award. The parents and teachers have an excellent rapport and I have never regretted having my children in this school, it is a fantastic school that deserves to get the recognition that would come with this award..a model for other schools across this country.

Horace Mann Dual Language Magnet School 1

Posted August 26, 2009
All they do is push the kids along to the next grade, regardless of their progress or performance. And how are they going to do in English-speaking high school when all they know is Spanish?

Posted June 23, 2009
Great school for students to learn Spanish and English in a dual language setting! Supportive and friendly teachers and staff.

Posted February 10, 2008
My son attended this school from K-2. Great school but a lot of focus on Spanish. My child really struggled with the dual language piece. Nice staff.

Posted December 10, 2007

Horace Mann Dual Language Magnet School
1243 North Market, Wichita, KS  67214
Last modified Horace Mann Dual Language Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horace Mann Dual Language Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top