Wichita, KS

Wilbur Middle School 3

Posted February 02, 2015
This school has some good teachers, and some not so good. As with any school, parents have to be involved in their child's academic and social lives. This school does have lots of cliques, and bullying is present, but not necessarily prevalent. However, there are some groups that prey on the timid. Communication with your child and with your child's teachers on a regular basis is always recommended. Let the teacher's know you are invested in your child's education. If you do not have an open line of communication with them, talk to the administration.

Wilbur Middle School 1

Posted February 01, 2015
The worst experience of my childs and my life. Do not recommend this school. If your child is there on a special transfer or you just moved into the neighborhood. You will not fit in. In fact, your child will have a huge Red Target on his back by students and staff. I had to get my child out of there before she fell any further into a depression. BEWARE!

Wilbur Middle School 4

Posted September 21, 2014
This will be our last year at Wilbur. Both of my children have attended this school and I have really no complaints. No school is perfect but this one has been great! My children maintained good grades, scored well on tests and enjoyed the extra curricular activities. Staff is highly involved with the students. Most of them communicate well with parents. They do not tolerate bullying and abide by the D/F list policy on after school activities. I would recommend this school.

Wilbur Middle School 1

Posted July 21, 2014
I was once in this so called school. I can't believe how awful the teachers are. Some teachers know how to learn and have fun but in my grade(which was 7th) there was only one. Besides the teachers the kids are horrible. The kids don't ever do there work and when they do they complain about it and want to watch a movie instead. They bring out there phones in class and take pictures, even when they banned pictures from being taken at the school, also the teachers don't do anything about it! Not even bullying. The school could care less if you were dealing with bullies or issues. All they want is your money. And that's it. I'm glad I moved away from that school. I'm glad I'm away from Kansas. I would NOT recommend this school.

Wilbur Middle School 2

Posted August 31, 2013
The state tests say it all. From grade 6 to grade 8 they scores continue to decline. There are far too many students to teachers and I'm not at all impressed with this school. They randomly select student schedules putting kids with C's and D's in Honors classes and then don't bother to help them with tutors or getting any extra help. I'm sorry but if I had it to do all over again would have never put my kids here.

Posted December 22, 2009
i am a 7th grader here at wilbur and my life has never been better i love being at wilbur my educating has improved and their zero tolerance of bullying has helped me so much i will always recommend this school and there new principal is a really great guy and i hope this review helps my school

Posted September 10, 2009
As a parent, I am impressed with Wilbur. Most of the teachers are caring and make the child's learning a top priority.

Posted August 01, 2009
I am an 8th grade student at Wilbur. I believe that the students know themselves, their parents, their peers, their teachers, and their administrators better than anyone else because they see all of them everyday.I think that Wilbur is an excellent school with great values, great kids, and great teachers. We definetly have our flaws, but they are outweighed by the great people, great values, and amazing experiences here at Wilbur Middle School. My mother, my brother, and my sister all attended Wilbur and I plan on sending my children to Wilbur.

Posted January 10, 2009
I have had 2 children in Wilbur and both have had excellent experiences. I have another coming up next year and he can't wait to go. We had a problem one or two times with bullying but they were dealt with in a quick mannner. I am a member of the PTA for 3 years and have volunteered for many events including the book fair. The parent assist is a great way to keep on track with your kids grades and it was just implemented in the past year and a half.

Wilbur Middle School 4

Posted December 25, 2008
I will send all my children there because the place has a great academic awards there may be zero tolerence there but would you want your kid to go to hadley for instance? When at wilbur there are barely any fights? Oh yeah by the way they have gotton a new pricipul and she is nicer than heck!

Wilbur Middle School
340 North Tyler Rd, Wichita, KS  67212
Last modified Wilbur Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilbur Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top