Posted April 01, 2014
I have been at this school for less than a year and I am still ahead of most of the students here. I have grown up in a small town with less students and less drugs. I honestly do not like this school.

North High School 2

Posted November 27, 2013
Let's get real with ourselves when rating this school. Thought school spirit may be high, and the biased endorsement of the principal is strong, North High underperforms both the Wichita average and the state average in a state that ranks 37th in the nation. If what you are looking for is a principal that attends events and a lot of pride from the alumni, then this might be a good fit, but my experience with sending two students there is that the workload--while capable of getting kids through the system--will not help people to stretch or grow in learning and understanding of the world around them. This is not to say that the teachers are not passionate or that they do not do well given the hand they are dealt, but if we are being intellectually honest with ourselves, this is not a 4- or 5-star school. Average at best, all things considered, but rankings generally speak for themselves.

Posted June 11, 2013
First... full disclosure: I am the principal of this school so my perspective is tinted by rose colored glasses. I love this school. My son will be a Senior and my daughter is an incoming Freshmen. I have been here for 10 years and have always felt blessed to be the principal. Ask anyone who has ever attend or worked here what they think! Sure there will be issues, concerns, and instances where I could have done better, but I have faith that there is no better school in the city! Feel free to contact me regarding any questions or concerns, I would love to share with you. (316) 973-6305 direct office phone. Sherman Padgett

Posted June 09, 2013
Once a REDSKIN, Always a REDSKIN! Involvement and sense of belonging is incredible at North High School! North High offers the finest diversity in academic programs! The staff is top notch and their love for the students is evident every day! From the programs to the cultural enrichment, North High is truly a great place to send your child!

Posted November 27, 2008

Posted February 17, 2008

North High School 0

Posted July 30, 2007
All 4 of my daughters graduated from North High. I was usually very secure with their safety at school. For the last few years, North has had 2 very good principals (Wren and Padgett) who have been very familiar and supportive of the students personally. They attend most of the school functions which the previous principal did not. North is like small town schools used to be before they became overcrowded and overly competitive in sports. With very little cutting, just about any student can participate in anything they want to. Sometimes, being able to belong is as important as grades.

Posted May 24, 2007

North High School 4

Posted February 07, 2006
THis school has improved when it comes to more student graduating, and theres is more security, we have good Bio Med program for those who want to have a career in the Medical field, an Auto Tech program for thouse who would like to be engeneers or Mechanics, there is also an AVID program for those students that are eligible to earn good grades but are not this program helps them earn the grades that they are capable of earning.

Posted May 05, 2004
- a former student

North High School
1437 Rochester, Wichita, KS  67203
Last modified North High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top