Bad
Good

I have been at this school for less than a year and I am still ahead of most of the students here. I have grown up in a small town with less students and less drugs. I honestly do not like this school.

Let's get real with ourselves when rating this school. Thought school spirit may be high, and the biased endorsement of the principal is strong, North High underperforms both the Wichita average and the state average in a state that ranks 37th in the nation. If what you are looking for is a principal that attends events and a lot of pride from the alumni, then this might be a good fit, but my experience with sending two students there is that the workload--while capable of getting kids through the system--will not help people to stretch or grow in learning and understanding of the world around them. This is not to say that the teachers are not passionate or that they do not do well given the hand they are dealt, but if we are being intellectually honest with ourselves, this is not a 4- or 5-star school. Average at best, all things considered, but rankings generally speak for themselves.

First... full disclosure: I am the principal of this school so my perspective is tinted by rose colored glasses. I love this school. My son will be a Senior and my daughter is an incoming Freshmen. I have been here for 10 years and have always felt blessed to be the principal. Ask anyone who has ever attend or worked here what they think! Sure there will be issues, concerns, and instances where I could have done better, but I have faith that there is no better school in the city! Feel free to contact me regarding any questions or concerns, I would love to share with you. (316) 973-6305 direct office phone. Sherman Padgett

Once a REDSKIN, Always a REDSKIN! Involvement and sense of belonging is incredible at North High School! North High offers the finest diversity in academic programs! The staff is top notch and their love for the students is evident every day! From the programs to the cultural enrichment, North High is truly a great place to send your child!

All 4 of my daughters graduated from North High. I was usually very secure with their safety at school. For the last few years, North has had 2 very good principals (Wren and Padgett) who have been very familiar and supportive of the students personally. They attend most of the school functions which the previous principal did not. North is like small town schools used to be before they became overcrowded and overly competitive in sports. With very little cutting, just about any student can participate in anything they want to. Sometimes, being able to belong is as important as grades.

Last modified North High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.