Wichita, KS

West High School 4

Posted March 31, 2013
I am not a parent of West high, I am a graduated student from the year 2009. Now West High has some students that are just regular teenagers doing things they shouldn't, some classes are really small, some are extremely big. School Spirit well it is kinda there. BUT that is the same in many schools. Yet West has some amazing things a wonderful staff who want the students to succeed, the academies to start studying what you want to do in life, there are a great many students that are amazing friends and will always be, west is like a family because the area is so small, everyone knows everybody, the art department is amazing and they work very hard, the sports try their best and never give up, the cheerleaders are respectful of themselves other schools and or their school win or lose. Also, ROTC their is really good, they practice very hard. Yes the students test low sometimes but it is a extrrme amount of pressure, by the time you enter school you realize that is how your school gets money, and west high really needed it when i was there and even as a honor roll student i would tense up knowing this was not just in my teachers hand. West high is a family and they changed my life.

Posted November 05, 2011
The teachers really do care about the students ! I got very close to all my teachers and it may be small but that's how we get close! I am in honors classes and they do push me to do better and achieve my goals.They have an amazing chior program!:D

West High School 2

Posted February 01, 2011
This school really supports the no child left behind and it is ridiculous, if a student doesn't pass it don't PUSH them to the next class, and never let a student tell you what they will do, as teachers we should be harder on getting these kids motivated and demand more from them. Also there are a few teachers that seem to show up for a paycheck and they are not the friendliest, I thought my kid was exaggorating and then I met a few teachers and I did not approve of their attitude. Very dissappointed in some, but there are some GREAT teachers also, too bad they seem to be the electives

West High School 3

Posted April 19, 2010

Posted September 18, 2009

Posted September 16, 2009
My daughter graduated from there last year. She is a product of the Wichita Public Schools and West High was by far our best experience. Not only is the administration connecting with the kids but the teachers are too! They care and help these kids. West High gets a bad rap but the school is awesome and Lori Doyle has made a huge difference in changing and improving West High. I would recommend this school to any one. It truly is a GREAT school! Ronald Stubbs, is at another school now, but he was terrific to my daughter and all the kids love and respect him. He gives them a push when needed, a lecture or discipline when deserved and a hug when they are down. He is a superb mentor and friend to all and is making a difference in the lives of our young ones!

Posted July 19, 2009
When My parent gave me the choice of high school. I chose to attend Wichita West high school. I wanted to go to this school because I knew that I would be taken care of and taught to my fullest with teachers that cared for the student as a person. West may have its problems but that it because the district does not care about the school. If usd 249 gave the school more support, they would be able to reach to their full potential. I feel like if I want to any other school in town I would not have made it to where I am now. I am a junior in college and am PROUD to say that West High got me there. I want to show my support to all Faculty and Staff of West high. I would also like to say congratulations to all graduates of West!

Posted October 28, 2008
West may have its problems but it also has lots of positive things happening that not a lot of people see. There are the five academies... Freshman academy, Fine Arts and Communication, Health and Early Childhood Development, Business and Hospitality, Engineering and Manufacturing. The academy leaders help your children get into the fields they want to do after high school.

West High School 1

Posted September 24, 2008
I think it has not Ethical Quality For any Child!

Posted April 27, 2008

West High School
820 South Osage, Wichita, KS  67213
Last modified West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top