Bad
Good

Northwest is a great school that prides itself on excellence. There is so many areas to get involved in. When I graduated back in 2009, I was in Theatre, Band, Baseball, SADD, and many other organizations. I will forever be thankful for this school. Because the teachers, adminstration, students, even the lunch ladies made you feel welcome. Proud Grizzly Alumni!

i attended Northwest from freshman to beginning of my junior year. i didnt like it and was harassed, i got into a few fights due to the constant harassment and was ALWAYS the only one taken to JIAC and suspended from school in all 3 cases, even though i didn't start any of the altercations. i then began feeling harassed by the WPD officer for our school my sophomore year, i transfered to another school and have progressed amazingly in my credits and expect to graduate a year early. i would not recommend attending Northwest High School.

As a former student (several moons ago) of this school, I can say that the school's challenging nature is its best characteristic. Honestly, several of the classes I took my junior and senior years were more difficult than the equivalent college classes. Such classes prepared me well for the rigors of collegiate academics. The teachers all want the students to achieve their highest potential, and one teacher even helped me to get my first job in my career field of choice. Admittedly, if your child is not self-motivated or only views school as a nuisance, they will probably have some trouble. It took me a few semesters to get adjusted to the rigors of Northwest after transferring from Wichita South (where I was far, far behind). If your student is motivated to learn, this is the perfect school for them!

As a former student of Northwest I will never allow my children to attend this school. I transferred to another high school my Junior year and was shocked as to how much I did not know. Care and concern for the children in the school is a last priority for the adults that are supposed to 'in charge'. The rules that govern the students are made simply for control and not for the greater good. The long lasting thing that I learned from my time at Northwest will always be Bullies always win.

Last modified Northwest High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.