Posted December 06, 2010
I have had a child at Lewis for the last 5 years. I'm so glad I made this choice. The teachers care about the kids, it's a wonderful community and family atmosphere. We are going through changes, but I'm certain we'll be able to maintain the same caring, community atmosphere as well as striving for academic excellence for each child.

Posted November 04, 2009
It has such a warm atmoshpere! I love the family sense you recieve there!

Posted September 16, 2008
Lewis Open Magnet rocks!!!! Everyone is so nice. The teachers are really nice and I have a lot of friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted July 18, 2008
My child attended LOM for 2 years. The teachers were good and did the best they could. What I observed in my childs classroom was that the teacher spent alot of her time having to discipline many of the children and the other (well behaved children) kind of got pushed to the side. In essense more time was spent on discipline than on learning. I don't feel my child learned as much as she could have, or was capable of. And don't get me started on the principal or staff. They were rude and downright snobish!

Posted June 09, 2008
As a teacher in the same district, I choose to send my children across town to Lewis. My oldest son started in 3rd grade and has gained ground each year. He just graduated and did great on the year end assessments. I have 2 other sons in going in to 2nd and 4th grade and both are excelling in reading and math. My youngest son will attend kindergarten and I know he will do great. Each of my sons have different needs and personalities. All have found success at Lewis!

Posted June 03, 2008
As a parent of 2 children who have been at Lewis since Kdg I have seen many staff changes, including the principal. Our current principal does her job with the students best interest in mind in every decision she makes. I believe this school has only grown in its decision and desire to be the best open magnet school it can possibly be. I believe my children have had the best teachers and support staff encouraging them to do their best, and I know that they will be better people because of them.

Lewis Open Magnet Elementary School 4

Posted September 30, 2006
Since the departure of Principal Dave Saunders a few years ago, this school has really lost its focus. I'm not sure what the goal is anymore. If it's to become like any other mediocre elementary school, then sadly, that goal has been met. I don't understand why one would want to change the methods that produced the top scores in the district. I'm just glad my daughter has moved on to middle school.

Posted August 11, 2004
Lewis is one of the best elementary school here in wichita. The teachers are great, staffs are helpful. I feel honor to have my kids go to Lewis.

Lewis Open Magnet Elementary School
3030 South Osage, Wichita, KS  67217
Last modified Lewis Open Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewis Open Magnet Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.