No rating

Central Christian Academy

Private | PK-8 | 664 students

Living in Wichita

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $159,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $810.

Posted April 22, 2014

I sent all three of my children to CCA from k-8. We lived a life style that allowed us to choose Christian ed over public and never have we regretted it. Two of ours went on to trinity and the last one is graduating. No school is perfect and there will always be issues from other parents and faculty, but you move forward. I would repeat my choice and would gladly pay for my grandchildren to attend.

Posted December 14, 2013

Our school does extensive training with classroom teachers to equip them to recognize and accommodate students with learning and attention issues. For students who need help beyond the classroom, we have a separate pull-out program in which highly trained specialists partner with classroom teachers and parents to meet students' needs.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 10, 2013

My children were all bullied relentlessly for many years. They bullying was both verbal and physical. The bullying isn't just isolated to the boys. There are significant bullying problems with the girls as well. My husband and I were naive and figured that was just they way it was everywhere. It was not until we tried a new school with our youngest two that we realized how bad Central was. The education level is nothing to brag about either. Maybe slightly higher than a public school. There are several other private schools in Wichita far more advanced and challenging than CCA. My children all found CCA to be quite easy. They are falling very short of what they claim to be. If Central were free I would give it 3 stars. But for what they are charging there is no value there.

Posted September 30, 2013

Central Christian is a wonderful school. The students are getting the best Christian base and excel academically, we love the teachers and staff. The headmaster and principal are doing things with the kids constantly and know each by name. Truly a great school.

Posted September 27, 2013

The bullying has really gotten completely out of hand the last couple of years. I attended a public school in Wichita, and it wasn't this bad. The administration seems to be incompetent and clueless on how to handle it.

Posted May 28, 2013

Administration makes decisions based on money and acquiring new students, not on helping the current students or being honest with current parents. I would agree it is very works-based not faith-based. Focus on money, money, money! Teachers are hit or miss, some are good and some are bad. Academics are below what my youngest 2 are now doing in a suburban public school. Huge lack of discipline in the halls, kids running and screaming all the time. Bullying is not addressed. The lack of professional development is obvious when teachers are working with any special needs. They promise a lot and deliver little. All the focus is on appearance and putting on a good image, while there is rampant heart issues among the staff and administration. Pride is the biggest fault I saw there. My children were harmed by attending CCA and I would not recommend this school to anyone. But we are extremely happy with the suburban public school-smaller, has gifted as well as special ed, quiet, organized with good communication. All things CCA lacks.

Posted January 9, 2013

My son attended CCA for one year, and just like every other reviewer on this site, I found the teachers and staff to be excellent! I have never seen such a wonderful group of people, unfailingly kind, caring and compassionate, and committed to excellence, first in themselves and then also in their students. My only wish is that they had a high school - I have three other sons I would love to enroll if that were possible! I give CCA five stars - they are perfection and I truly appreciate them!

Posted January 7, 2013

I have mixed feelings. This school is wonderful, staff is caring, passionate and very well managed. Their downfall is in the fine print about not discriminating against race, ethnicity, etc. you will notice it does not state religion. The reason being, they will discriminate to those not actively practicing an Evangelical household. Split faith homes and single parents will find it impossible to make it in. Disheartening.

Posted February 26, 2011

CCA - is combines a strong academic program with a good moral foundation all within a very nurturing environment. My child was attending a public school rated 9 by the Great Schools website. We thought she was getting a superior education but when she transferred to CCA we discovered that she was behind in Math and just on the average with language arts. The CCA staff has been diligent in getting our student caught up and we are pleased with the small class size and individual attention she is receiving.

Posted February 23, 2011

Since my children have attended both CCA and a Wichita public school, I see little to no difference between the two academically. Spiritually, I prefer instructing my children at home and within my church in matters of Biblical interpretation and theology. CCA, while touting a wonder faculty of strong Christians, often espouses a behavior-based concept of salvation rather than grace through faith. Also sorely lacking at CCA is a prolonged commitment to helping the less fortunate in Wichita. Affluence among the CCA families quickly translates to elitism within the student body, which could be addressed by a service-based ministry approach. The bottom line: Why pay tuition to a school that will isolate and indoctrinate your child against the world, when clearly Christ intended for us to make a difference in the world by how we interact with the lost? I can't justify it, myself.

Posted March 28, 2010

I have 1 child already attending CCA and the second one will start there in the fall. I work for the public school system in Wichita and cannot begin to tell you how valuable the eduation kids recieve at CCA is! The staff is extremeley experienced and truly love what they do. The love of God is entwined in every lesson. Christian character is not only expected but also taught and modeled by every member of the staff. Coming from an educator I can tell you that the academic level at CCA is above and beyond area schools. I would recommend CCA to anyone who not only wants their child to learn from a christian prespective but also to excel academically.

Posted December 13, 2006

Our children have been at CCA for 10 years, and our youngest still have several years ahead of them. CCA is a Christ-based school where God is intertwined in all the curriculum and instructional conversation. Academically and socially there are expectations, which challenge and grow the students. A fun structured environment provides confidence and comfort, plus the teachers have the ability to generate relationships, which provides security and love. We wouldn't have our children at any other school in Wichita, KS.

Posted September 26, 2005

We love CCA. The teachers are great and curriculum is just what we were looking for. Spiritual growth is a priority at CCA and Christ's love for each child is exemplified by each teacher. We couldn't have asked for a better school!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2900 North Rock Road