PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

The teachers really are there to teach & love our children. Bullying is not tolerated & dealt with swiftly (expelled). They teach discipline & respect in addition to regular school subjects. We love this school!

I sent all three of my children to CCA from k-8. We lived a life style that allowed us to choose Christian ed over public and never have we regretted it. Two of ours went on to trinity and the last one is graduating. No school is perfect and there will always be issues from other parents and faculty, but you move forward. I would repeat my choice and would gladly pay for my grandchildren to attend.

My children were all bullied relentlessly for many years. They bullying was both verbal and physical. The bullying isn't just isolated to the boys. There are significant bullying problems with the girls as well. My husband and I were naive and figured that was just they way it was everywhere. It was not until we tried a new school with our youngest two that we realized how bad Central was. The education level is nothing to brag about either. Maybe slightly higher than a public school. There are several other private schools in Wichita far more advanced and challenging than CCA. My children all found CCA to be quite easy. They are falling very short of what they claim to be. If Central were free I would give it 3 stars. But for what they are charging there is no value there.

Central Christian is a wonderful school. The students are getting the best Christian base and excel academically, we love the teachers and staff. The headmaster and principal are doing things with the kids constantly and know each by name. Truly a great school.

The bullying has really gotten completely out of hand the last couple of years. I attended a public school in Wichita, and it wasn't this bad. The administration seems to be incompetent and clueless on how to handle it.

Sadly, my child was bullied and intimidated by a member of the staff. The administration didn't handle the situation or the employee to my satisfaction due to what appeared to be cronyism.

Administration makes decisions based on money and acquiring new students, not on helping the current students or being honest with current parents. I would agree it is very works-based not faith-based. Focus on money, money, money! Teachers are hit or miss, some are good and some are bad. Academics are below what my youngest 2 are now doing in a suburban public school. Huge lack of discipline in the halls, kids running and screaming all the time. Bullying is not addressed. The lack of professional development is obvious when teachers are working with any special needs. They promise a lot and deliver little. All the focus is on appearance and putting on a good image, while there is rampant heart issues among the staff and administration. Pride is the biggest fault I saw there. My children were harmed by attending CCA and I would not recommend this school to anyone. But we are extremely happy with the suburban public school-smaller, has gifted as well as special ed, quiet, organized with good communication. All things CCA lacks.

My son attended CCA for one year, and just like every other reviewer on this site, I found the teachers and staff to be excellent! I have never seen such a wonderful group of people, unfailingly kind, caring and compassionate, and committed to excellence, first in themselves and then also in their students. My only wish is that they had a high school - I have three other sons I would love to enroll if that were possible! I give CCA five stars - they are perfection and I truly appreciate them!

I have mixed feelings. This school is wonderful, staff is caring, passionate and very well managed. Their downfall is in the fine print about not discriminating against race, ethnicity, etc. you will notice it does not state religion. The reason being, they will discriminate to those not actively practicing an Evangelical household. Split faith homes and single parents will find it impossible to make it in. Disheartening.

CCA - is combines a strong academic program with a good moral foundation all within a very nurturing environment. My child was attending a public school rated 9 by the Great Schools website. We thought she was getting a superior education but when she transferred to CCA we discovered that she was behind in Math and just on the average with language arts. The CCA staff has been diligent in getting our student caught up and we are pleased with the small class size and individual attention she is receiving.

Last modified Central Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8