Posted September 14, 2014
if i could rate this school more than its maximum 5 stars I would probably rate it 100, this school is amazing I moved my kids down to southlake texas, a small community just like Wichita my kids went to Carroll a school that was ranked above and beyond but the only thing I noticed were my kids finishing their homework within an hour and not even being pushed while completing it. The teachers had 30 kids in each class which did not give my kid the amount of attention needed. The point is Carroll does not give your child the full access of a good school, but i can assure you collegiate does the teachers have 12 - 15 kids in a classroom and a total of no more than 70 kids in a grade collegiate gives your child every reason to get into the school of their dreams but only if your child is up for the commitment. After realizing that its time to make a sacrifice and move my kids back to where they belong we tried our best went back to collegiate enrolled our kids in collegiate again and now my kids are both sergeants living happily in California. both my sons have 2 boys and the other with 1 boy and 1 girl.

Posted June 28, 2014
Collegiate has exceeded my extremely high expectations. My child has attended for 4 years now and I have never had a concern or challenge. Most of my family has attended Collegiate which opened doors for very selective internships and scholarships to them by attending this school. I would NEVER send my child to any other school in this city or suburb and I have the ability to do so but I choose Collegiate. **This site will only be credible if guests write about THEIR experiences with THEIR school. Speculating about other schools and Collegiate accusing them of having an "elitist agenda" is the craziest assumption and accusation and could only be made by a person who could not afford the tuition. Comparing Collegiate to public school is absurd and educated. I receive newsletters every year of colleges the Senior class will be attending...I'm sorry but you can't suggest that all Andover graduates will attend Harvard, Columbia, Stanford, Princeton, etc...BUT they do at Collegiate EVERY year!!!!

Posted January 17, 2014
Collegiate is a wonderful school for many reasons. It is a great size, a wide variety of activities are offered, there is a pervasive positive energy, and the staff is very professional. I noticed right away that the staff is positive, highly committed, forward looking, responsive, and sincerely interested in providing the best education possible for your child. People I know who have not liked Collegiate, have been those who think their children are more special than everyone else :-) Collegiate administration does not pander to this attitude. They will indeed do what they think is best for your child. They respond professionally to special requests, but will not always cater to parents. We started at Collegiate for their Montessori preschool program with the intent to go to public elementary school. But we've had such a positive experience, we have been at WCS for 7 years. We have found Collegiate to be a fantastic community of diverse people. The teachers get to know your child personally and are so committed to their role. They really work to provide a wide variety of opportunities for each and every child to shine. It has been wonderful for our family.

Wichita Collegiate School 2

Posted December 23, 2013
If you need gifted services for your child or have a high functioning child, do not sent them to Collegiate. They do not offer any services and will offer to have your child tutor other kids when they have finished their work. Found more suitable options without the high cost elsewhere.

Posted August 07, 2012
When we moved to Wichita, we researched all of the local schooling options available in the area. Collegiate was by far the best option and the only one we found that met or exceeded some of the better schools back East. Very high standards in all aspects of education.

Wichita Collegiate School 3

Posted January 03, 2012
Test scores are lower than at Andover or other good public schools, like Bostic, in the area. High rate of students who need help from the Fundamental Learning Center. Parent involvement and communication is discouraged. Leadership is questionable, especially with the new Middle School head, who lets several teachers do whatever they want, regardless of how it affects the students. Look carefully at the college placement, and you will see that students from East and Andover go to better schools, and their parents didn't pay over 50k for HS to get them there. Collegiate is all about churning out the next group of the Wichita Elite, not about education. There is a lot of badmouthing of other schools that goes on among parents and teachers at Collegiate, but if you do your homework, you'll find the school is on par, or even slightly below the public school eduction in populations of similar economics.

Posted November 02, 2011
The school does an excellent job of preparing students for college. The academics are rigorous, the class sizes are small, and the teachers are very attentive. I would not hesitate to recommend the school to others.

Posted January 20, 2011
The very best education in the Wichita area hands down! Boosts a very high rate of students that go on to get a 4 year college degree! My son is an example of this. He now has his Masters Degree and a successful career. I can not say enough positive about this school! You will not regret this decision! INCREDIBLE school and teachers!

Posted September 25, 2010
We love Collegiate for so many reasons. Our children have been taught to do their best, to love learning, to think independently and to see everyone as an equal. The teachers, staff, students and other parents have been so wonderful to get to know. At WCS our family has made lifelong friends and great memories. Having my children 'grow up' at Collegiate School has been an amazing experience, one that I would choose again!

Posted August 22, 2010
Wichita Collegiate has so many after school opportunities you're sure to find a class you'll like. Every teacher cares to your child to help them become the best they can be.

Wichita Collegiate School
9115 E 13th St N, Wichita, KS  67206
Last modified Wichita Collegiate School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Wichita Collegiate School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top