Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I know a teacher at Jackson, and she couldn't be more disillusioned by the school and especially its principal. How Kamiel Evans still has her job there is beyond my capability to understand. It's not like the school has been successfully churning out well-educated students under her direction. Does the USD 259 school board even pay attention to anything?

I had one child attend this school and have volunteered a quite a few hours here. The principal needs to go. She is completely lacking in any sort of emotional intelligence or tact. I literally watched her make a student cry and then laugh about it. She kept talking and laughing about the student as if she were no longer present, all while the student sat in the same room with us still crying. It just seemed completely unprofessional and the opposite of how you'd expect an elementary school principal to behave. The office staff consistently seems rude and annoyed by your presence. I gave two stars only because some of the teachers are very good.

If I could rate this school negative stars I would. The whole school needs to be reevaluated.... The principal doesn't seem to care about anything. When she is actually in the school, she refuses to meet with parents, dismisses students like they are bothersome, and even refuses to have a PTA. I am not sure that the front office staff knows how to smile or be anything other than rude. Since we have started at this school, I have seen more staff leave than I can count....we are talking over 10 in one school year alone! My children are getting a sub-par education, and they refuse to help those that are excelling. Only hold them back. If I could I would send my children else where. Since that is currently not an option we are thinking of homeschooling until we are able to move at the end of this school year. I really hope the district and the staff members at Jackson read this and make changes, sadly I doubt that will happen.

Be Aware! This is the most unorganized schools I've seen! They can't even get the parking lot together for drop off/pick up. The office staff is rude, and the principal is so distant, it's like she doesn't care! Now there are a FEW good teachers there, and if you are lucky to get one of them, be grateful! I wish we could trade schools, but I refuse to allow my children to ride a bus. USD 259 School Board needs to reevaluate Jackson immediately! This school is not diverse and it shows. They do not want you to be active in your child's education or school experience. They try to make you feel like they are well capable of caring and teaching children, and they are not. They run this school like a mini boot camp, and the kids are no longer loving school. I won't stand for it, and I am more than happy to make my presence known, and I correct them when they try to talk down me. Jackson is really making me consider moving out of the district! I really dread sending my kids there every morning!

Well, the office staff is less than friendly. I think they're rude and don't need to be around children with their negative, unfortunate attitudes. They have a bad habit of talking down to people. I cringe at the thought of my son interacting with one of them without me by his side.

The staff is very caring about kids. The school does numerous activites which involve parents.

The is no such thing as a perfect school. I think there are positive and negative things in all schools. I stay involved in every aspect of my child's education. I take responsibility for the way I raise my kids, and if I wan't successful kids then I have to do my part!

I have to agree with the prior post.As far as rating the school I couldn't even give it 1 star.The Principal there is very rude,disrespectful,and unprofessional.The teachers there all use their authority to over power the students.It 's a shame,really!The staff in the office are also very rude,and act like the parents bother them when we need answers for a question.I wish my child could be moved to another school,but this is the district we live in.My son use to love school.He tells me he HATES going to Jackson.Parents,please think about it long and hard before you decide to have your child/children attend this school.

I had a very bad experience at this school and I would not recommend this to ANYONE. I was a student there and I saw that the teachers take no interest in teaching and are always blaming the students for anything that happens. The school deserves it's rating of 1. I have also noted that their gifted program is good but students in the program are strongly disliked and discriminated. I also do not like the fact that the school mainly teaches reading, writing and math only and hardly has any projects. I would really not recommend this school to anyone.

I have nothing but good things to say about Jacson Elementary. Every school has their problems but I have had awesome teachers for the past 3 years. They have always worked hard to accommodate our religious beliefs and home values.

Last modified Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.