Posted September 26, 2014
If I could rate this school negative stars I would. The whole school needs to be reevaluated.... The principal doesn't seem to care about anything. When she is actually in the school, she refuses to meet with parents, dismisses students like they are bothersome, and even refuses to have a PTA. I am not sure that the front office staff knows how to smile or be anything other than rude. Since we have started at this school, I have seen more staff leave than I can count....we are talking over 10 in one school year alone! My children are getting a sub-par education, and they refuse to help those that are excelling. Only hold them back. If I could I would send my children else where. Since that is currently not an option we are thinking of homeschooling until we are able to move at the end of this school year. I really hope the district and the staff members at Jackson read this and make changes, sadly I doubt that will happen.

Jackson Elementary School 2

Posted September 01, 2014
Be Aware! This is the most unorganized schools I've seen! They can't even get the parking lot together for drop off/pick up. The office staff is rude, and the principal is so distant, it's like she doesn't care! Now there are a FEW good teachers there, and if you are lucky to get one of them, be grateful! I wish we could trade schools, but I refuse to allow my children to ride a bus. USD 259 School Board needs to reevaluate Jackson immediately! This school is not diverse and it shows. They do not want you to be active in your child's education or school experience. They try to make you feel like they are well capable of caring and teaching children, and they are not. They run this school like a mini boot camp, and the kids are no longer loving school. I won't stand for it, and I am more than happy to make my presence known, and I correct them when they try to talk down me. Jackson is really making me consider moving out of the district! I really dread sending my kids there every morning!

Jackson Elementary School 2

Posted May 20, 2014
Well, the office staff is less than friendly. I think they're rude and don't need to be around children with their negative, unfortunate attitudes. They have a bad habit of talking down to people. I cringe at the thought of my son interacting with one of them without me by his side.

Jackson Elementary School 5

Posted May 07, 2014
The staff is very caring about kids. The school does numerous activites which involve parents.

Jackson Elementary School 3

Posted May 07, 2014
The is no such thing as a perfect school. I think there are positive and negative things in all schools. I stay involved in every aspect of my child's education. I take responsibility for the way I raise my kids, and if I wan't successful kids then I have to do my part!

Posted October 02, 2013
I have to agree with the prior post.As far as rating the school I couldn't even give it 1 star.The Principal there is very rude,disrespectful,and unprofessional.The teachers there all use their authority to over power the students.It 's a shame,really!The staff in the office are also very rude,and act like the parents bother them when we need answers for a question.I wish my child could be moved to another school,but this is the district we live in.My son use to love school.He tells me he HATES going to Jackson.Parents,please think about it long and hard before you decide to have your child/children attend this school.

Posted August 12, 2013
I had a very bad experience at this school and I would not recommend this to ANYONE. I was a student there and I saw that the teachers take no interest in teaching and are always blaming the students for anything that happens. The school deserves it's rating of 1. I have also noted that their gifted program is good but students in the program are strongly disliked and discriminated. I also do not like the fact that the school mainly teaches reading, writing and math only and hardly has any projects. I would really not recommend this school to anyone.

Jackson Elementary School 5

Posted June 24, 2013
I have nothing but good things to say about Jacson Elementary. Every school has their problems but I have had awesome teachers for the past 3 years. They have always worked hard to accommodate our religious beliefs and home values.

Jackson Elementary School 4

Posted February 02, 2013
Our daughter started Kindergarten at Val Jackson in fall 2012. We have enjoyed the staff, and administration thus far. The kindergarten teachers are teaching the students how to read with a success of the read well program last year and trying it again this year. Our daughter is learning what we expect them to learn at this age. We are also making sure we do our part at home for her to excel. The behavioral system is great with our child. The traffic light system... We wish we had it growing up.

Posted June 19, 2011
As a a parent of of 2 former students who attended this school., I concur with the last post. I do not understand why the district supt. does not clean house here and replace this administration. Many good teachers are being abused in front of students and this is being done by the school leader.There appears to be racial selection of students and staff, and exclusion of others. What message do we teach our children? . If you are not in this schools majority , you feel fear- inadequacy, Why is this reverse discrimination being allowed? These messages are why we have bullying. 259 do something quick , this is a volitale situation.

Jackson Elementary School
2717 North Woodlawn, Wichita, KS  67220
Last modified Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jackson Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top