Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They leave the children unsupervised in the hallways and classrooms. My son just grab worksheet out of a folder every morning then had to color the back to keep busy.

School is dirty and unorganized. The students are left unsupervised in classrooms and hallways. They never shovel snow off walkways and have the children standing on sheets of ice.

I can not speak highly enough about our experience at Wineteer. My daughter entered kindergarten this year and is thriving with the help of her excellent teachers and paras. I was nervous about the start of the year due to my daughter having special needs in certain areas and has life threatening food allergies. Her teacher and the principal are very open to information I give them regarding my daughter's allergies and precautions that can be taken. With just a semester almost completed, my husband and I already see vast improvements with the language delay our daughter has. Highly recommend this school!

My son has been going there for the last 2 and a half years in the early head start and he loves the school I feel so much better with him been there then the school by us I hope I can keep him there and move my other son there I'm son only now about 50 words when starting and now he starting to read and can write his full name love the school and the stuff last yr we was on hard time and the school adopted my 3 kids and gave them a great Christmas I couldn't ask for a better safer place for my kids to be

My daughter has been going to this school for 4 years and this is her last. The school has great teachers. They are so wonderful and the kids absolutey love them! They know just what to do in just about any situation!! The principal usually loves talking with the children at lunchtime to see how they like the food and all of their opinions. The teachers and staff really go out of their way to make sure that the children are safe and secure , they also make sure that each and every child is learning at his or her pace. This school is lovely and is perfect for you if you want an A+ school for your child. This school offers you stuff that you can't get in any other Wichita public school. They always make it encouraging for the child to learn and be successful. They all truely do care about your child and let you participate in many activities with him or her. The field trips are just fun and educational forvyour kids ! My child absolutely loves Wineteer Elementary and she told me that she will actually be sad to leave this school.

My son goes to this school. I find it weird that the " teachers" can teach kindergarten there but most of them don't even have degrees in teaching. Plus there system of discipline is faulty. The "time-outs" last for way to long and especially the recess time outs. They forget about the children and the child gets a 20 minute time out instead of a 5 minute time out.

The teaching staff and administration have been way above par and my children have received an excellent elementary school foundation. Being a military family means we have to be adaptable to new situations. I found that the teachers were more than willing to teach my child at their specific level rather than just the parameters of the state test. Refreshing!

I have 3 grandchildren that attend Wineteer and a 4th one that just finished there and they each love their school. The children are in a military family and they are doing great at Wineteer and that is good enough for me.

We've been here two years and it's a great school! I've been thrilled with both my kids' teachers and academic progress!

Last modified Wineteer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.