Bad
Good

Posted September 15, 2008
I am sorry to say, but the parent that spoke about their child not learning history and science was wrong. If they would maybe take the time to be more informed and look at the syllabus sent home by their child's teacher at the beginning of the year or taken the time to talk to the teacher about their concerns, they would have realized that many things that are taught in the second and third grade are learned more in depth in the forth grade. They also do learn a lot of Social Studies in the third grade. My son is in the fifth grade and I was always well informed about my child's curriculum. If you have any questions about what your child is learning, you need to discuss them with the teacher instead of jumping to conclusions. Summit is an awesome school! Kids are loved and parents are appreciated!

Summit Elementary School

Posted July 08, 2008
my son has attended summit elementary for three years. it is a fantistic school. I would recommend this school to any parent. The teachers and other faculity members are awesome.

Summit Elementary School 4

Posted December 19, 2005
I have a child that has moved on to Boyd County Middle who attended Summit and also one the remains at Summit. My older son had absolutely no problems with discipline or education. In fact, he was at the top of his clas and in gifted and talented. The teachers he had were (and still are) wonderful teachers and they care for the students. My younger child does have problems, though. Discipline and educational problems. The teachers are doing pretty well in how the deal with it, but not the best. I believe that there are too many students to any one teacher. The school district itself needs to expand each school so the teachers don't have so many students to teach at one time. It would make it easier for the teachers and the students.

Posted November 06, 2005
My oldest child recently graduated Summit and my daughter currently attends Kindergarten. Summit has a remarkable staff who really care about the child. Students are given opportunities for one-to-one reading instruction through FROG and Carbo aa well as math tutoring through extended school hours and math lab. Practice assessments are given to show strengths/weaknesses. The Gifted/Talented Program is amazing, as the instructor is so creative in developing strategies for critical thinking and problem solving across the curriculum. My child communicates with sign language and Summit opened their arms to her as well as the challenge of learning the language. Specifically, the music teacher learned vocabulary this summer and has implemented sign language when teaching songs to all grades, so students are familiar with the signs when they see the interpreter. My daughter has never felt more welcome. Phenomenal parent involvement welcomes you through the doors at any time. Exceptional school!

Posted June 17, 2005
This school is amazing, my Daughter is going into 3rd grade next year and we love this school. She is testing above grade level in Math and Reading! This school really works on reading. My daughter also had a speech problem as another mentioned and she no longer has a problem. It was corrected in Early Childhood learning. The Principal is Amazing, The faculty and staff are amazing, they really care about your kids here! They have these tests called star tests they take in their classes that they do quite often. They also have an accelerated reading program in which the children take tests after reading each AR books. I believe that this school is a great place for your child to grow and learn! I'm sorry the other person had a problem, but we have had none!

Posted April 12, 2005
My family moved last August(2004)from PA to KY. We used this website to help us find a good school district. It is very scary moving to a new state and being unfamiliar with the school districts. My son is in 2nd grade and is thriving at Summit Elementary! My son's 2nd grade teacher is wonderful and the pricipal is great. I would recommend this school to anyone who is concerned about the quaility of academics as well as the emotional development of their child. Parent involvement is welcomed on a level I have not seen before. Summit has made my child proud of his own achievements and he strives to be his best! I couldn't be happier.

Posted August 10, 2004
My son has just begun his 4th year at Summit and we couldn't be happier. He has done wonderfully and I appreciate the principal and the teachers. He has had teachers that really care and want my involvement and that means so much. I am a very active part in his education and the staff at Summit encourage that and I appreciate it. Thank you for 3 great years and we are excited about our 4th.

Summit Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2004
I feel this school needs to be more responsible for their students. my daughter has been in speech for 3 years now and still there is no progress. I feel they need someone who knows what they are doing and more than one. with 5 kids in one class and 45 minutes , that only gives each child about 5-7 minutes to learn anything. how are they to learn with such little time. this is my second complaint. something should be done. also why are our kids not taught history and science in the 3rd grade. they learn the same thing in 4th that they learned in 3rd grade for science. but they are not taught history only kentucky history. how are they supposed to be tested on cats test if they do not even know anything. that makes the test unfair and incorrect when results are given. poor school

Summit Elementary School
830 Stateroute 716, Ashland, KY  41102
Last modified Summit Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.