9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Ballard Memorial High School 3

Posted January 10, 2006
A former proud graduate of BMHS, when all the teachers WERE local family and friends, and your opinion and your child mattered. Gone are the good days where a parent volunteer was welcome. To-date we have moved into the 'NEW' school, where we are greeted with a cold atmosphere. Parents are unwelcome and felt a nuisance. The students have not been taught respect, and admiration. Only jealousy and negatism. Children are taught by example to make excuses and have owndership of nothing. Ballard is no longer a place I am proud to have an association with.

Ballard Memorial High School 1

Posted January 10, 2006
Ballard Memorial High School recently moved into a brand new school. I'm reminded of the old adage that you can dress up a mule in fancy harness, but it doesn't make it a race horse or show horse...it is still a Jackass. That's the best analogy of the attitudes that permeate the faculty and administrations posture at BMHS.

Ballard Memorial High School 1

Posted January 10, 2006
I'm on the last leg of high school. With four months to go some days I wonder if I can last. It's been more like a prison term and the only thing I'm able to do is serve my time and keep my head down hoping that none of the students, faculty, or administration at BMHS take any notice of me in anyway. Going to Ballard Memorial High School is similar to being born poor all you can do is survive the best way you can, and work your way out of it. Teachers want to insist that High School is the best days of our lives Please God, forbid that from being true.

Ballard Memorial High School 4

Posted March 08, 2005
I have lived here for 31 years, grew up here and went to School here. I think the Schools were better before they combined them. The Teacher's were better and so was the academics. There are some caring teachers but overall average they do not care. Do I know? Yes, I have children in the School system now. If I had a choice my children would go elsewhere. Out of all the Schools in this area, McCracken County including unfortunately this is the Best School for children to attend, that is as far as safety, I will have to give this School and A on that part. Of out all the School here, the best is Head-Start and Elementary. There are more caring Teacher's in those and the parent involvement is outstanding. Academically, the Schools were better before combining, due to more competition between other Schools.

Ballard Memorial High School 5

Posted November 22, 2004
As a recent graduate of BMHS I have to say there is no other school I would have rather attended. All of the teachers knew me by name and I was expected to excell and was pushed by my teachers to do so. Ballard has some of the most dedicated personel to do whatever they can so that a student can succeed. Ballard has a history of tradition and it im very important to the students, the familys, and the administrators. Ballard will not only prepare your child for college... it can prepare them for life.

Ballard Memorial High School 5

Posted August 25, 2004
Ballard Memorial High School is great school for the kids. The tests are wonderfull. They really prepare your kids for the test in 10th grade. And plus its not a big school at all and it's a very good environment for the kids. I give this school a 10.

Ballard Memorial High School
3561 Paducah Rd, Barlow, KY  42024
Last modified Ballard Memorial High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.