9-12 & Ungraded
Benton, KY

Posted March 22, 2010

Posted August 29, 2008
Marshall County High school has a wonderful facility. The school is very clean-proprs to the janitors-and you don't have to worry about safety issues. As far as I know the school has only had one threat and that was a bomb threat by some kid that wasn't even true. The teachers are amazing. The English teachers do the best that they can do in the one semester that they have- commenting on the statement above- the teachers also make up for it when the students reach their senior year they have a full year round english class and a lot gets done. Just all around props to MCHS. Student and Community involvement are also tremendous which is hard to find in a school. Though there is a racial stamp on Marshall County, not all of us are like that so everyone knows. it's those few that get in the public's eye that makes the school look bad.

Marshall County High School 0

Posted August 29, 2008
I think MCHS is a great school, I am currently a student there. There are some frustrations though. Like, we do not have enough books for everyone. It is very agravating sharing books and not being able to take books home to study. Other than that.. MCHS is the best school I've been to, and I've been to many. ha ha!

Posted April 17, 2006
I think Marshall County is a wonderful school. I am a student who went there and moved out of state and compared to the school i am at now MCHS is wonderful. They have very adequate classes with challenging work and teachers that care. I think that they often get a bad rap because of thier ethnic ratios but I think the school is also the safest school in the area. You don't have to worry about gang problems or violence because of racial issues. I also like the size of the school. It is also a very classy school and I like that also. overall I think it is the best school in the area.

Marshall County High School 4

Posted November 29, 2004
This school has the support of the community, and as such there is a high level of involvement by parents and family. While I sometimes feel sports and band are unduly overweighted in importance, academics are stressed. I do not care for 'block' classes which amount to the students taking some core classes once semester a year (instead of the entire year) which may leave room for regression, but certainly covers less material. (case in point is English, which has the students covering less books in a single semester than they woud if the class was single periods stretched over a year). All in all I think the school is what you are willing to make of it. It has all the resources available to make it a wonderful experience for any student.

Marshall County High School 1

Posted February 26, 2004
I think that Marshall County High School has a very poorly trained staff and does not grade the students fairly on the grades that they make.

Marshall County High School
416 High School Rd, Benton, KY  42025
Last modified Marshall County High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marshall County High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top