Silver Creek Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted August 12, 2012

My children attended Silver Creek, but for the first time in ten years I have no more 'Bobcats'. (SAD!) SC has been like extended family to both me and my children. The administration, staff, and teachers have always been welcoming and professional. I have always felt safe and comfortable knowing my that my children were in good hands. Silver Creek is not only a nuturing environment but a competitive educational environment as well. I'm thankful my children received their educational start at Silver Creek. Love this school!!

Posted November 6, 2011

I can't say enough great things about Silver Creek! We have had a new principal for a few years now and things have changed for the better with her. My children have always thought the kids were nice here and they fit right in no matter how much money you make, or where you're from. They'll take you in with open arms! They're like family to my children. The staff go beyond what they're expected to. Fall festival is awesome! The principal here can not be complimented enough about the awesome job that she does as principal! She's developed a great love for reading, and interacts one on one with the children. You can tell she has a lot of experience and a love for what she does. She cares about each child and so does the staff. I always feel my children are safe when they leave for school on the school bus and I know they are well taken care of. I know they're learning to be a fantastic reader and preparing for the road to success as a college-bound student. Thank you Silver Creek Elementary!!!! I'm glad you're a part of my children's lives.

Posted September 10, 2011

I love this school! We had a new principal come to Silver Creek a few years ago and she has made wonderful improvements!! She is very interested in the students succeeding and the parents staying informed. I have two children who have attended this school and they love it as well. The teachers are excellent! The PTO has been wonderful in the past but, is currently not as good as it has been. The PTO generally has a large parent involvement and does a great job supporting the school and students.

Posted July 16, 2011

I have had 1 encounter where I disliked a teacher A LOT. but she however still helped me and made me the student I am today. Silver Creek Is OUTSTANDING in everything they do. They made me proud to be a bobcat and I will never forget the ones I have to leave behind. Silver Creek built my foundation to life and now Foley Middle school and Madison Southern high school will build the rest! Our principal drove early in the morning searching for us a place to go because of power outage. <3 I love my family at SC. I walked those halls when I was 4 and now I'm 12. I can still see my handprints on the wall. My footprints on the ground. And my Love and hardwork put into Silver Creek Test papers that were sent to Frankfort. I will love Silver Creek and I will cherish memories of happy moments and even some sad moments that the GREAT teachers helped me overcome. When I graduate from Harvard the first people I'm going to thank is Silver Creek Elementary. Without you Silver Creek, I wouldn't be able to do the things I am capable of. :) I even remeber loosing my first tooth at school! <3 Well anyways, It breaks my heart that it's time for Middle school. For you SC. HATS OF TO SILVER CREEK ELEM.!

Posted May 11, 2010

because the teachers really care about their students and love their job. I think they do a great job!! Thanks everyone, from teachers to janitor to bus drivers to staff. You are very much appreciated!!

Posted October 23, 2008

I grew up around this area and SC has always had a very good reputation. Now that I have 2 children at SC, I find that their reputation holds true. They have excellent teachers who really do care about students. Thank you to all the teachers and staff at SC!

Posted July 28, 2008

I can't believe some of the rude remarks that I just read! I moved here last summer and my child completed one whole year at Silver Creek in Berea. He has actually done much better here. The teachers are very involved with him and myself. I think they do a great job and I have heard nothing but positive things from other people about Silver Creek since we moved here. Keep up the good work!

Posted April 11, 2008

I moved to another recently and my child is doing alot better now. Silvercreek is way behind in their studies and the principal is not at all nice. Teachers are very snooty and don't like parents to be involved at all. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 2, 2007

We moved here from another state and Silver Creek is far behind. Their lunchroom is small even they they 'remodeled' it so they don't like for you to eat lunch with your child(ren). The communication is not the greatest. They say you get a fall break and they display it on their sign outside, however the calendar says CKEA conference so that can be confusing. My child was excelling when we transferred to this school and now he's back down to average. I feel they should work a little harder with the students, care a little more & let parents have more involvement. I would not ever recommend this school to anyone. There are far better schools in the district. As far as school pictures are concerned, the county needs to find someone else like Lifetouch.

Posted October 6, 2003

We have been at this school for 2 months and so far I have been happy with everything. The principal is outstanding and the teachers are very into the kids, and friendly with the parents. So far so good.

The state average for Math was 44% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 48% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or distinguished

Beginning in the 2011-12 school year, and continuing in 2012-2013, Kentucky used the Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress (K-PREP) tests to assess students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and mathematics, 4 and 7 in science, 5 and 8 in social studies, 5, 6, 8, 10, and 11 in writing, and 4, 6, and 10 in language mechanics. The K-PREP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Kentucky.

Language Mechanics

The state average for Language Mechanics was 54% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 49% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 47% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 59% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 36% in 2013.

All Students50%

Male69%
White84%
Economically disadvantaged80%

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2011.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 71% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 60% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 60% in 2011.

Scale: % proficient or distinguished

Until 2010-2011, Kentucky used the Kentucky Core Content Tests (KCCT) to assess students in grades 3 through 8 and 10 through 12 in reading, social studies, science, writing, and math. The Elementary School results displayed on GreatSchools profiles are for grades 3 through 5 combined for each subject. Middle School results are for grades 6 though 8 combined, and High School results are for grades 10 though 12 combined. The KCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Kentucky. Beginning in 2011-2012, Kentucky switched to the K-PREP and EOC exams.

Source: Kentucky Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Above average

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20141What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20142What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Reading growth at this school

Above average

1 This rating is based on 2012-13 K-PREP and EOC results from the Kentucky Department of Education.

2 This rating is based 2012-13 median growth percentiles from the Kentucky Department of Education.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 55%N/A54%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

75 Old US 25 North