Berea, KY

Posted May 26, 2013
My child just completed her first year at Foley Middle and she could only say something good about 2 out of the 8 teachers she had this year. Most of the instructors are burned out and need a shake up. They give assignments but do not teach. They speak harshly and do not lead with intregrity. I might be driving to Lexington next year for her education. Dissapointed in many ways.

Foley Middle School 1

Posted December 14, 2010
New parent to Foley and I must say my experience was not at all the greatest. I am very disappointed with the school overall. Dress code, parent staff communication, and overall appearance of the school are horrible. It's like stepping back in time. My main motivation for accepting a new position out of state is this school. My son is so unhappy here. Caudill middle on the other hand; state of the art in every sense of the word! The Principle took time to know each person. All feel welcomed and the pride is felt from the staff and students. Stay away from Foley.

Foley Middle School 5

Posted September 16, 2009
i love foley i met new people last year as a sixth grader because i just moved to berea during that time and now i know about everyone i am in 7th grade and i love it at foley

Foley Middle School 3

Posted September 15, 2009

Foley Middle School 0

Posted July 25, 2009
This school has wonderful kind kids and very caring a nd kind teachers.These kids are very smart,it is a wonderful middle school

Foley Middle School 5

Posted December 10, 2007

Posted August 23, 2004

Foley Middle School 4

Posted July 14, 2004
I love Foley and so did my daughter. She graduated 8th grade this year with a sense of pride! All of our experiences have been positive. Administration and staff have always been helpful and have gone out of their way to be of assistance. While we didn't like the dress code, we adhered to it and tried not to think much about it. After all, the ultimate goal of going to school is to learn and to learn to your fullest potential. My daughter's teachers encouraged her to do her best at all times. She came away from Foley with a positive attitude and pride in herself & Foley. Administration and staff are available and welcome parental involvement. I don't think there is enough, it is always the same parents volunteering their time. My son is looking forward to Foley this school year, I'm sure he'll have a great experience too!

Posted January 08, 2004
I think Foley has potential but unfortunately admin, faculty & parents have been at odds over dress code issues. Parents are treated as if their concerns aren't important. Principal has control of every committee, meeting, and decisions in the school. Parents and teachers are put on the committees to suggest improvements but are typically over ruled by principal. Dress code looks nice but kids are very unhappy. Many students are ashamed to say they attend Foley. Teachers want parents to believe students are happy about the dress code but I have spoken to many and none have been excited about it. It is unfortunate that it took Mr. Caudill (Superintendant) intervening to improve the communication between staff & parents.

Foley Middle School 0

Posted September 16, 2003
My experience with Foley staff & teachers has been positive. Issues that have arisen have been dealt with quickly, efficiently, with an attitude of making the middle school experience go amoothly for my child, a 6th grader this year. I appreciate the dress code for the way it alleviates the additional stress of 'fitting in' by wearing certain styles. It saves time, the kids look equally great, & the focus of their attention can be turned toward learning. Thanks to Foley teachers for also abiding by the dress code. You look great, too, & I'm sure it has helped the kids make the adjustment!

Foley Middle School
275 Glades Rd, Berea, KY  40403
Last modified Foley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foley Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top