9-12 & Ungraded
Berea, KY
Students enrolled: 1,054

Madison Southern High School 3

Posted October 31, 2012
My family is new to MSHS this year. I have missed important deadlines and activities because I did not receive any communication from the school. I think communication between parent and school is poor. You can email your child's teacher(s); some actually read emails and respond and some don't bother. The office staff is friendly, helpful, and accommodating. I have not met the principal yet, but hope I have the opportunity soon.

Posted December 16, 2009

Posted December 15, 2009
This school well deserves all five stars! I have attended Madison Southern all my high school career and I would never think about moving elsewhere. I have taken every honors classes available and I am currently enrolled in AP US History, and I assure you it is NOT a joke.. it is the most difficult class I have ever taken with two to three hours of homework a night. I have also been on the dance team all my high school career and we win everywhere we go including a national title. Our ball teams may need some work but we have made so much progress! The staff work so hard at ensuring the safety and success of the students. Someone would be crazy for not liking this high school. My parents are also teachers at local elementary schools and they love the Southern as well. I'm a proud student eagle!

Posted December 08, 2009
I attend this school now and think it is AMAZING!!! Things have changed so much since I attended my freshman year. They have much more to offer and the rules have gotten more safer and more stricter which is wonderful...All the parents who put this school down is un called for!!!!! It is such a good school at least there are no stabbings and shootings.....I am truly going to miss madison southern high school...LET'S GO EAGLES, LET'S GO!!!!!!!!

Posted October 07, 2009
I honestly don't know why some of these people are downing the school. I'm currently a senior at MSHS and the last 4 years have been wonderful. The principals, couselors, and teachers care about the well-being of the students. MSHS offers many AP and Honors courses that are challenging to the students. Drugs, alcohol, and racism are problems that occur sporadically but the principal's stop the problems as soon as they are brought to their attention. As to the parent who posted on August 26, 2009 the school was a little unorginized the first few days this year due to construction. However, you don't seem to get that their are over 1,000 students at MSHS, so you'll forgive the school if they don't solely focus on your children. Or mabye your kids aren't as amazing as you think they are. MSHS as a whole is a wonderful school.

Madison Southern High School 1

Posted August 26, 2009
I absolutely agree with the review posted for Sept. 27, 08. This school is horrible. We are new to Kentucky and my kids feel the exact same way. This is the most unorganized school system I have ever seen, the AP/Honors classes are a joke and the sports programs are aweful. The kids do not feel as if they are a part of a unified school because everything revolves around the Seniors. There are problems with drugs, alcohol, and racism in this school. I have never seen so many young people smoking outside of a school building in my life. The problems are many and the space to write them is small. If I'd had the option I wouldn't have even awarded the one star. My kids are incredible athletes and academic achievers but going to school here is bringing them down.

Posted May 11, 2009

Posted March 10, 2009
I graduated in '08 and the 3 years I spent there were some of the best years of my life. The staff is wonderfully supportive, especially the guidance counselors. The education quality is very high...just ask my 3.7 college GPA. Don't let the '07 reviewer scare you off; Southern is not full of drugs, alcohol, and violence. The principals make sure their students are safe.

Posted November 06, 2008
I have been told that this school is a good school and i think it is.. i like it a lot and their is no other school that is better than southern...the principals are alwyas on role and their is protection and they help when u need it..but u get in any fights ur gone or u get to face suspension or something...but i love this school and no matter what other schools think it is the #1 top school to me..

Madison Southern High School 1

Posted October 23, 2008

Madison Southern High School
279 Glades Rd, Berea, KY  40403
Last modified Madison Southern High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison Southern High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top