Bonnieville, KY

Posted June 23, 2013
This school is a joke! The combination a Kindergarten and 1st grade is ridiculous, with teachers trying to reach a medium. The "K" students don't learn because they aren't developed enough, and the 1st graders are "dumbed" down so that ALL the kids can do the same work. Discipline in the school is non-existent, allow children to bully and misbehave with no recourse. Keep your kids away from this school and district. With the "No Child Left Behind Act", this school has been documented to have inflate test scores to receive funding, which it doesn't use for it's facilities or children. Pathetic!

Bonnieville Elementary School 5

Posted May 16, 2013
The things that you learn in the first five years of school are the things all of us use everyday. In the first five years we learn to read, count, add, subtract, interact with peers. Bonnieville does their best to make sure children are ready for whatever curve balls life throws them. Some of the children of this community do not have the best home life, and Bonnieville teachers realize that and do their best to make their time at school both educational, safe and stable.

Bonnieville Elementary School 5

Posted August 13, 2012
My children both attend Bonnieville school. My oldest child had always attended Hardin county schools and we have moved her to Bonnieville for 8th grade. She found out, just like my son did that smaller school=better school experience. Everyone knows my children and cares about them at this school. My son attended kindergarten at Creekside in Sonora. The difference between Creekside and Bonnieville is night and day. He used to wake up and cry because it was a school day and he hated to go, now I find him up in the morning and ready to head to school because he loves it so much. They also have an awesome after school program that costs the parent $1 a day. Where else can you find that?! At afterschool, my son has an i-pad to use and they also play outdoors or in the gym after completing homework. I don't know about how this school was in the past, we moved to Bonnieville in 2009 and I give this school an A++++++++ We love our little school and feel very thankful that our children have the opportunity to attend a school where everyone knows their name and cares about their success.

Bonnieville Elementary School 4

Posted January 18, 2012
My daughter attends Bonnieville, She is a straight A student she loves school and her teachers. I believe firmly that you get from your children/ teachers what you demand of them. I demand that my daughter be taught what she needs to know in order to be successful both as a student in high school/college and life. I am very grateful to those who have the where with all and ability to teach the skills that life requires on daily bases.

Bonnieville Elementary School 0

Posted December 14, 2009
My family and I moved here back in 2000. My three children attend this school and I was shocked at the lack of teaching skills. It was as if the teachers did not care if the children learned anything and I mean anything writing, spelling, reading, counting. I would never recommend this school to anyone.

Posted September 12, 2009

Bonnieville Elementary School 0

Posted June 06, 2009
My son has atteneded Bonnieville since kindergarten and he will enter 5th grade this fall. All of his teachers have been outstanding instructors and caring individuals. The school does incourage parent involvement and hosts family nights several times a year. It is true that cursive writing is not promoted, but reading and excelling in every subject is stressed. My son has been a straight A student for as long as he has attended Bonnieville and my husband and I are really happy with this school. I would recommned it to anyone interested in moving to the area.

Bonnieville Elementary School 4

Posted March 27, 2007
My son has been going to bonnieville school for over 8 years.I am a parent very involved in my son studies and I always keep close watch on his grades,I always keep in contack with all his teachers,and prinicipal.I have had some problems in the past and this year,but its nothing that can't be handled.No school is prefect there are going to be disagreements with teachers and parents;and with the principal,everyone doesn't see eye to eye on all things.My son has been on the A B honor roll for the last 3 years,and I owe all that to 3 teachers.frist teacher is Mrs Ryan Choates,Mrs Carol Huber,and Mrs Regina Smith,that saw the real student in my son.This is just my opinion and I am will pleased with my son's progress.

Posted March 05, 2007
My son went to bonnieville elementary school from 4th grade-7th grade, there was a new principle every year,parents were not encouraged to be involved with or in the school. Removed my son out of this school for his 8th grade and his grades improved 100%, this school did not teach or encouage students to use cursive handwriting.

Bonnieville Elementary School
7874 North Dixie Hwy, Bonnieville, KY  42713
Last modified Bonnieville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bonnieville Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top