Bad
Good

I think Lost River Elementary is one of the best schools that I have ever had to encounter. The teachers are super concerned about your child, the staff is always willing to help and mostly know your child by name. They have a learning curriculum that fits the students abilities to learn. The safety of the children is tops. The way they dismiss school is very comforting, the child is put right in your car. The principal is always concerned and involved in everything which is very unusual, he isnt standing back while everyone else is doing the work no matter what it is.

Our 20 year old daughter that is in college now went to Lost River.She was valivictorian of her class when she graduated & got a full ride scholarsip to a private college she applied to.Now our son is 10 & he goes there.They both have always been in Gifted & Talented & have always had straight A's on there report cards.We are very,very proud of our children but,I believe Lost River and the teachers helped them along.Our daughter & son both love it there. Thanks

Some teachers give excuses saying, 'I have too many children to accomodate your child,' instead of coming up w/a plan to help your child while the principal sits by and lets this happens.

I think this school is a okay school.The teachers that i as a parent had to be in contact with have been great with my kids.The front office needs a little help.In my opinon they are lazy and dont really want to do there job that they are there to do.With an exception for the new lady this year.She is and has been very helpfull to me eveytime I've had to come to the school.The other lady has a bit of an attitude.

my daughter attended lost river in 2007 for 2 1/2 months and it was disaterous. No communication between teacher and parent and the principal and vice principal were no better. Where are the rewards for all of there achievment like at warren elementary? they(lost river) may put out a better student now adays but but it has to be a give and take relationship.

I have a son in the 4th grade and a daughter in kindergarten at Lost River. We recently moved to KY from CA and I am impressed with the school and love their teachers. My son is in 4th grade and has struggled with reading since kindergarten, but since attending Lost River I have seen a HUGE improvement. Everyday my children come home and tell me all about the new things they have learned. It is excititng to see my children discussing how magnets work and other things they have learned in school.

Lost River continues to lead the way in academic and social areas. Their reading program produces phenomenal results. The adminstration and teachers of Lost River have placed student learning at the top of their priority list and provide a positive environment for learning. Any child would be priviledged to attend this school.

For my son and our family Lost River has not been a fit. The teachers he had have been good with him, however the administration and how they view family involvement was not the fit we desired. We have not found Lost River to utilize family as does the other schools in our county system. Before entering a child into this school, I would recommend that a parent tour the different elementary schools in the county, I found this beneficial, enough so to sell our home for the only purpose of getting my son out of Lost River. Best move our family has made.

Last modified Lost River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.