Bowling Green, KY

Warren Central High School 3

Posted June 14, 2011
WCHS has its positives and negatives as all schools do. Positives: ample opportunity for student involvement in numerous clubs, organizations, athletics, extra-curricular activities; numerous caring and extremely helpful faculty & staff. Negatives: many of the students and some apathetic faculty & staff! There are too many rude, sassy, loud-mouth, defiant, belligerent, hateful adolescents!!! There are rules for dress-code, public displays of affection, tardy, peer and faculty & staff respect, attendance, etc. Lots of drama and silliness is allowed to occur!!! Lots of distractions away from academics because of the gross overwhelming number of apathetic students and faculty & staff! Yes, faculty & staff - if ALL the faculty & staff would ALL be consistent about rule enforcement probably no to very few problems would persist!!! Also, once ALL the students would claim responsibility for their bad behavior and decisions the GOOD faculty could continue with their job to teach curriculum content. And for all those teachers there who spend their time on their cellphones, surfing the internet, and ignoring bad situations do WCHS and the world a favor: QUIT!!!

Warren Central High School 4

Posted December 17, 2008
Warren Central has a great potential in many ways to exceed many other surounding schools, except there is one problem, that some of my peers dont really care about school, and are there because their parents or 'something' forces them to be there, and as for the tests that we take, they really dont reflect how hard some of the students that CARE, and TRY, work or how well we SHOULD be ranked among other schools, so i really think this whole thing is really POLITICS!

Posted December 04, 2008
warren central high school is a small diverse high school. it has its problems like all high schools, it could use some improvements in all areas of academics as well as student behavior. my child and nephew are in the marching band, i must say the marching band is not good, the type of music they play is old fashioned and that discourges them as teenagers, perhaps a new band director that has a new vision.

Posted November 19, 2007
I love this school Its the best school for education and athletics in Kentucky...

Posted January 08, 2007
Warren Central High School is a wonderful school with a very hard-working staff that genuinely cares about students. The administration is top-notched and is the most experienced in the county in terms of their years of service. One especially strong part of the school is its Freshman Academy. At Warren Central this school within a school works like it is supposed to with a small and incredibly talented faculty who get together daily to discuss students and meet with parents. If you are looking to educate your student in an excellent school with real world demographics instead of being almost entirely homogeneous then may I highly recommend Warren Central.

Posted February 19, 2005
I would just like to say that I had 2 sisters to graduate from WCHS 1987 & 1990 and I have 3 sons that attend there now 9th, 11th, & 12th. I am very pleased with the school and how the teachers and staff overall handle situations and how they let the parents become involved in the daily happenings around there also. I feel comfortable knowing that if I need to talk to a teacher or principal about my child then I am able to do so. They also tell me they appreciate my interest in my children there. I wouldnt have them at any other school for their high school years. I somehow wish I would of graduated from there instead of where I did. Seems like they are the best school around for diversity and caring about the students as they do and helping them. WCHS RULES! GO DRAGONS!

Posted August 15, 2003
My brothers and I all graduated from WCHS (1986, 1989, 1992). We are all highly successful and we regularly attribute our success to the excellent education base we received from the WCHS staff, especially from the A.P. English and math teachers. We were extremely prepared for and advanced in college because our high school coursework was appropriately challenging. Being twenty nine years of age, my peers and elders are surprised at my grasp of the spoken and written English language, my analytical skills, and my daily use of algebra, geometry, and calculus. I always tell them that I attended a very unusual public high school--one that actually held teaching standards of old--discipline, morals, one-on-one mentoring, and a thorough education needed to succeed in life!

559 Morgantown Rd, Bowling Green, KY  42101
Last modified Warren Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Warren Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top