Bad
Good

I love going to this school! There sports times are good, and there school spirt is good they have a Mascot suit ( there the gators) , and there teachers are nice and funny:) I'm a student at Drakes Creek and I love it! :)

The school is wonderful! And I enjoy going to it. The academics are wonderful and the teachers really push you.

A wonderful school, I enjoy learning in it and love the teachers.

Drakes Creek is a wonderful School. I went there the first year it opened and now sending my daughter in her 8th grade year. The teachers are top notch and very good with the children. I love the School! a down side is traffic. Bus your children if possible, car rider lines are horrid!!

This school is below average because they do not listen to the children. They children do not seem to matter to them as long as they get there work out of them.

DCMS is a wonderful school. Discipline and academics are the top priority, and teachers have high expectations. Mr. Hutchison is a fair and caring principal, and always willing to talk with parents and understand their concerns. The 7th-grade teachers are fantastic!

DCMS is one of the greatest schools in the District. I am a student and it's my 2nd year there. The Principal and Assistant principals take discipline very seriously. They also take our grades seriously too. I am very happy with my school and loving it.

We moved my son to DCMS because he was feeling out of place and unchallenged by the material at his previous school. We have been very happy with the environment at DCMS. The school values its academically successful students as well as those who excel in sports. I have found the teachers to be readily accessible through email and genuinely interested in my son and in working through any problems he is having. My son both likes and respects his teachers and fellow students. I have had one occasion to meet with Mr. Hutchison (principal) and he took the time to thoroughly discuss the situation with me and seemed both engaged and informed. I feel that the 'over-emphasis' on testing that has been mentioned is a symptom of the No Child Left Behind Act and probably exists at most schools in the US. I recommend DCMS with no reservations.

We moved here specifically to place our son at DCMS. The pre-enrollment interview was great. We had a bullying issue early in the year and all of the teachers and principals met with me in one group session and the problem was resolved. If you use the email available, you can check in with the teachers at any time. Teachers are happy to correspond with you and are prompt with their responses. We are very happy with DCMS and would recommend this school very highly.

Staff not concerned with the student's future academic success. The school's main concern is test scores, the student's emotional and academic well being are not critical to staff. The music and band teachers are outstanding.

Last modified Drakes Creek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.