Bad
Good

They are amazing teacher.... they teach my sons with love and kind. I am so happy everyday when they came homw with smile. Thanks Mrs. Smothers and Mrs. Edmond.

This is not a good school for any child who is not academically average, be that below or above. The teachers seem annoyed by any extra time or attention that students might need. My child has been determined GT and almost seems like a burden to them. There is a very obvious Christian overtone here, which is fine if that is your belief as well, but if your family is not, your child will get in trouble for saying so as part of the conversation. Parent involvement is high, which is good. The principals have changed 3 times since my child has been here, which can't be good. I agree with a previous comment that people base this being the best elementary school on it being where the rich white kids go. The ESL students are treated like second class citizens-- I know this from being a parent volunteer in the classroom, where they simply sat in the back not understanding a word, or being included in anything, and no one made any attempt to help them to. My child continues to go to this school because of their friends there, otherwise we would be long gone. Also, don't expect to make friends with any other parents unless you are a bottle blonde/yoga pants stay at home mom in a SUV

My child attended 3 years and was BORED. Never given additional material to attempt or keep her interested. They teach to the minimum state requirement and stop. Not a school for anyone who is above the curve in several subjects. Friends and teachers were nice enough, but resources are stretched so thin now due to having 1/2 the younger student base being ESL immigrants. I am in favor of diversity, but not at the expense of educating a child to his or her full potential. Oh, and that brainwashing of 7 Habits thing is absurd. Not a brick in the school isn't covered with this propaganda. Please stop already.

not a good school for any child with any type of diagnosis or learning disability all they offer are resource classes, not special education classes my daughter went from 2.8 grade average coming from a special ed classes to briarwoods rti program and is now a 1 year later at a 1.3 grade level and all the recordings I have of the rti classes the kids are playing computer games like mind craft. I hear the teachers talking about personal stuff and paper work they have to get turned in but I hear only about 5 minutes of actual teaching. this is both with reading and math rti.

We have been richly blessed by our experience at Briarwood, with 2 children attending. As mother, one of the most important things for me was to have teachers who compliment my beliefs as a Christian, by their example in word and action. (What good is a 4.0 if their attitude is disrespectful, rude or arrogant?) That being said, they are completely respectful of all beliefs, as it is a very diverse school. So far, we have had teachers who have FAR SURPASSED my expectations. God has answered our prayers to match each child with the perfect teacher for them. Not only do they meet the educational needs, but our children are encouraged emotionally, as well. They have left lasting fingerprints on our children's lives, that I know looking back, they will each hold a special place in all of our lives. Children will not remember the things you said (for the most part), but they will remember how you made them feel, and our children will have very fond memories of Briarwood. I have also seen a positive change in their behavior at home, as well, even overhearing a conversation from one child to the other to correct behavior by "Being Pro-active" (a theme being taught there).

What a wonderful school! The student body is so diverse and it is obvious the staff loves their job! I have substituted at several schools in this county and Briarwood is one of my favorites.

think this school has a great parent/teacher organization, lots of great teachers, and has improved since Ms Richey retired, simply because she was so self-absorbed. I wrote a review a few years ago on this particular school and its administration, but it was removed....maybe because it was worded too negatively...however, as long as a review is still polite I dont think it is fair to remove it when it is a true reflection of a parent's views regarding the school. My original evaluation was very low but i am pleased to see some more positive administrative support now for the teachers that are there..makes a big difference, and i certainly feel that the school has earned its current rating in the past year.

I moved here from Alabama two years ago and my daughter is now 3rd grade. She loves the school and her teachers as well as Ms Richey. As long as she is happy, I LOVE IT!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK BRIARWOOD!!!

My children started Briarwood a year ago after moving here from Louisville. It has been nothing but a excellent school for us. Way better than the one in Louisville. Both of children love the school, the teachers , great friends and a awesome principal....though it seems that some don't like her . The some that don't like Mrs. Richey should go checkout the principals in Louisville then you would greatly appreciate her. I feel that my kids are in safe and great hands at Briarwood. I am very pleased with the school.

Briarwood is one of the better schools in town, but Debbie Richie really needs to retire. The school succeeds largely in spite of her lack of leadership ability. Still...as a parent you'd be well served to move to this district.

Last modified Briarwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.