Burgin High School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
Burgin Independent is a small, family oriented school that focuses not only on education but the well being of its students. Due to its small size, teachers and staff gain close relationship with each student. Students in High School and Middle School will have the same teachers for their period of learning during these years. The small atmosphere allows for a more gainful learning experience for students. Staff are able to become more involved with the family as a whole and know them more on a personal basis. Student/teacher ratio is around 15/1. There is no drastic adjustments that have to be made between elementarty, middle school and high school because it is limited to one building. Students are able to gain close relationships with peers throughout their entire learning experience because of the limited amount of students. Friends will last their entire school experience. Burgin Independent gives students a private school learning experience without the cost.

Burgin High School 0

Posted May 12, 2008
I have a son who is in the second grade at Burgin and his teacher is the caring and most understanding teacher I have seen in the school systems for a while. And I am proud to say her name is Mrs. Harmon

Burgin High School 5

Posted March 27, 2006
- a former student
i graduated from burgin and recently started college. although burgin is a small environment the teachers well prepared me for my college work. burgin is a very good school and all the children that grow up there graduate with a hard work ethic and a very respective personality.

Burgin High School 4

Posted August 15, 2004
I have 2 children in the Burgin MS/HS. We chose Burgin Ind. for its small size and history for discipline and accountability. My children are fairing well in this enviroment. A smaller school, such as Burgin, has its limitations, of course, but my husband and I believe that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. The teachers are all familiar with the students and their abilities. They are able to recognize subtle changes in a student's behavior more rapidly and address it appropriately. The staff is caring and concerned and I am always made to feel welcome when I enter the building. The school is working toward adding advanced placement classes by coordinating with other smaller schools in the area. I feel this school is providing my children with strong educational foundation in spite of its small size.

Burgin High School
440 East Main St, Burgin, KY  40310
Last modified Burgin High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burgin High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top