Burlington, KY

Posted August 27, 2015
My son attended Stephens for 1st grade. His teacher was disorganized, inattentive and let her students roam around the classroom. Her classroom did not have any structure, so my son got distracted very easily. She also rarely sent home any homework, so it was difficult to tell if he actually learned anything. The biggest flaw is that Boone County uses the Common Core curriculum. Because of the lack of basic education my son received last year, his new school has suggested he repeat first grade this year. Thankfully his new school is not using Common Core. My spouse and I did think our son's teacher was nice. The school staff is wonderful and very helpful, but even if we were still in Boone County we would still not be sending our son to Stephens. We would send him to one of the Christian schools in the area.

Posted May 10, 2014
This school is going to tell you how great it is but before you believe this lie, do your home work, look at it's ratings see how it ranks 222nd out of 681. See for your self how it compares. Read the reviews there are a few bad reviews from parents who's kids go here. This is not a good school, listen to those who know. Decide for your self - but this school is awful. Would not recommend it to anyone.

Posted October 24, 2013
Stephens Elementary school is full of caring and innovative teachers and staff. They work to meet individual needs of students. The school does not qualify for Title 1 funding, as do many other schools in the county, so they must fund raise through the super PTA to provide some of the technology and programming. The school has formed great partnerships with community agencies such as The Northern KY School of Music, providing a beginning strings program, and Children's Inc., providing before and after school care on site, as well as full day Kindergarten experience. The school is running 3 STEM science labs and a huge outdoor garden for student learning. The school's Strong Fathers group is re-building an outdoor classroom in the woods behind the school which will add to STEM learning. The arts are being integrated with other content, and the school's annual celebration of the arts, ARTSPALOOZA, brings a full week of students working with professional artists. Stephens is a wonderful school!

Posted October 04, 2013
This school is one of the lower performing schools. Always asking for money, they don't care about the success of every individual student, and they don't seem to care about student Harassment and bullying which they do nothing about. As for the education standards I would say they are poor at best. They offer no help to the students who may have a harder time in certain subjects. The communication of teachers and parents is non existant and over all I would say the education a child gets here is not a good one. Very unsastified. Would not recommend placing a student here.

Posted February 01, 2012
Don't lose your phone at this school because the staff there will hack into it and go through all your personal data.

Posted September 04, 2011
Outstanding school! This school works hand in hand with parents. The PTA is very strong and involved, and the staff is appreciative. The school offers many, many after-school enrichment activities.

Posted May 17, 2011
THIS SCHOOL IS SO MONEY HUNGRY! EVERY OTHER DAY MY SON COMES HOME WITH SOMETHING WITH $$$$ SIGNS ON IT! NOT ONLY THAT BUT THEY TELL THE KIDS, SO WHEN YOU CAN'T GIVE THEM MONEY FOR EVERY LITTLE THING THEY ASK FOR, YOUR CHILD FEELS LIKE AN OUTCAST! I REALLY WISH WE WOULDN'T HAVE MOVED TO THIS SCHOOL DISTRICT. I'M NOT A FAN OF HOW THEIR HAND IS ALWAYS OUT!!! ALSO, THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING FOR THE KIDS TO PRESENT TO THEIR PARENTS. THERE ARE NO CHORUS/BAND SHOWS FOR PARENTS TO ATTEND AND WATCH YOUR CHILD. UNLESS YOU CAN VOLUNTEER AS A ROOM PARENT YOU ARE BASICALLY CLUELESS AS TO WHAT YOUR CHILD DOES. I WAS NOT HAPPY ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE HIM ANYTHING THIS YEAR!! I FULLY REGRET BUYING A HOUSE IN THIS DISTRICT AND NOW WE ARE STUCK WITH THIS TERRIBLE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted February 12, 2011
My daughter went to this school for one year, its was not up to par in my opinion. Student pick up procedure was terrible. No tutoring help offered.

Posted October 09, 2010
Stephens Elementary is a wonderful school. The kids are challenged and have fun. We have a new principal in 2010 and he is awesome. The PTA and parents are very involved. We are extermely proud of our Stingers!

Posted August 10, 2009
Stephens Elementary is a fantasic school. Teachers care. I am proud to send my little ones to Stephens

Stephens Elementary School
5687 Hwy 237, Burlington, KY  41005
Last modified Stephens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stephens Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top