Burlington, KY

Camp Ernst Middle School 4

Posted March 12, 2014
This is an amazing school if the student applies himself/herself. The teachers will not do the work for the child (ahem ...), but they care and take an interest in their students' education. Good students will excel; bad students won't. Bottom line.. My child went to this school, and I was incredibly impressed with the teachers and administrators. Upon transferring out of town and into a new school in a top academic area, my child was at the top of her class after having attended Camp Ernst. As for the student body and parents ... well, it's small town Burlington ... Boone County. There are some good kids, but many, many rude kids with lots of drama and no social skills at all ... which is a parenting failure, not a school failure. Again, it's Burlington. If you're not a 3rd generation Boone Countian or if you are not "small town" ... you won't fit in. Period. But again, the school and staff, OUTSTANDING.

Camp Ernst Middle School 5

Posted September 15, 2013
I'm currently a student at CEMS , I am in the 8th grade and have gone there for all my Middle School years . All this hate is uncalled for this school is the best school. All the teachers are really nice , and have really amazing teaching skills . I will admit in the 7th grade & in Health there is some favoriting going on , but not all the time , the teachers may pick favorites but that just means they laugh with them more after class it doesn't affect any of the students learning . & yes there is drama and it ALL gets taken care of . I highly recommend this school I wouldn't change schools for anything .

Posted November 24, 2009
I went to this school 7 and 8th grade and i love it . It isnt the schools falut for kids treating other kids with disrespect and i don't think CEMS is not as bad as yall say it is i mean i love the teachers there and while going there i made friends that im going to have for the rest of my life.

Camp Ernst Middle School 3

Posted June 15, 2009
im a student at CEMS and think parents are being so annoying saying bad things about the teachers, fighting, and bullying. take a chill pill. these kids are 12 13 and 14 years old and you are treating them like they are still in elementary school. middle schools dont baby your children like you want them too. they let small fights go and small drama let sorted out by the kids. but in serious situations, yes they do take control. children dont need to be babied for every stupid little fight. and excuse me but there are other extra curicular activities beyond the sports field: drama club, art club, stlp, yearbook, select chorus, jazz band, academic team. but in sports there are: cheerleading, dance basketball, volleyball, and ski. as you can see, there are more not related in sports. dont hate CEMS!!! There were no insects!!!

Camp Ernst Middle School 2

Posted February 16, 2009
I attend CEMS now. I'm in 7th grade. Some of the teachers are harsh. And snap if a question occurs. There is ALOTT off bullying on the buses. and in the hallways, alot of the girls start drama and rumors. I personally KNOW FOR A FACT that i want to move schools for how bad it gets.

Posted January 07, 2009
This School Has So Much Bullying. It's Not Even Funny. There Is So Much Drama, Everybody Is Always In It. The Teachers Don't Even Care, They Just Sweep All The Fighting And Rumors Under A Rug And Completely Forget About It.

Camp Ernst Middle School 5

Posted October 07, 2008
I CEMS! I'm currently a 6th grader at Camp Ernst Middle School. I have no idea what these parents are talking about. Theres no bullying here, and the staff is great!

Posted September 15, 2008
I and my child were completely unsatisfied with this school. This is mainly because of its mediocre and disrespectful staff, extensive bullying, multiple insect infestations, and poorly-planned curriculum.Camp Ernst Middle School is definently not a great school.

Posted August 18, 2008
My son started 6th grade today and I can say I wasn't impressed by the staff and their lack of knowledge when it came to the conduct code/dress code. I also felt that the teachers letters to the students were harsh. I'm going to look into a private school....

Posted March 05, 2008
This school has major promblems with bullying and fighting. These problems are hardly adressed and continue. Teachers allow cheating to happen in classrooms and serve no punishmets to these students. Teachers also give little to no idividual attention and seem unorganized, sloppy, slightly sarcastic and have a habit of favoring some students above the others. Due to fighs teachers have to walk students in lines to lunch and the busses and have set out locker breaks. (Which does nothing to stop the amount of fighting that goes on and sets of for problems when starting high school) While there are a few extra cirricular activites none of them are directed in anything other than the sports feild. Overall this school gets one star (unsatisfactory).

6515 Camp Ernst Rd, Burlington, KY  41005
Last modified Camp Ernst Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Camp Ernst Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top