No rating

Christian Academy Of Carrollton

Private | PK-10 | 81 students

Living in Carrollton

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $87,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $514.

Posted November 14, 2013

While the curriculum is a solid one, we had to transfer our child and found that he/she was behind in math at the public school. Love the emphasis on Bible but too rule-upon-rule and very little compassion shown to children. Expected to tow the line or get out. Poor direction from administration and very little knowledge. Teachers nor school is accredited and many universities won't accept that your child graduated from a non-accredited school.

Posted August 28, 2013

my three grandchildren attend C.A.C. and love it. in every aspect of their development, i see growth in their abilities as children to excel in the academics, as well as in being taught the idea that God should be a part of their school experience. thank God for C.A.C. Lew & JoAnn Combs

Posted January 12, 2011

I would have highly recommended this school a few years back but due to poor leadership and cutbacks on staffing this school has begun to fail. Due to the lack of funds, for example, the new gym is rarely heated above 52 degrees in winter and air conditioning is limited in the summer months to "special events". So many students are not paying full tuition making the families that are suffer. I was really hoping to keep my children in this school until 8th grade at least but now I am looking to find another school.

Posted April 6, 2010

CAC is a great school! My daughter is attending K4 and has learned to read entire books and can write her name in cursive handwirtting. Her vocabulary is extensive and they teach the children very good manners along with the bible studies that they do not get in public school!

Posted December 16, 2008

I attended a private school when I was young, it clossed when I reached 5th grade (1969). My experience with CAC dates back to 1993 to 2008 and beyond. I have had one child attend k-5 through 8th grade and she excelled at CAC. She went on to public school and passed all classes with straight A's. I now have one enrolled in CAC for the past 4 years. She loves the school very much and she amazes me with what she has learned. I would recomend this school to anyone.

Posted June 19, 2008

I am a former parent of a CAC student. It is a great school! CAC has wonderful caring teachers from K4 to 12th. They do a great job recruiting not only qualified teachers but quaility teachers. The curriculum used at CAC does an excellent job preparing students for college. I attended a small private school like CAC that used the same curriculum and have attended excellent colleges including Oxford University in England. At CAC students will be able to reach their dreams while being closely guided by a wonderful staff.

Posted January 9, 2008

I must respectfully disagree with the reviewer who mentioned it is only about money. The teachers make less than minimum wage and the principal works for no salary at times. That is an act of love, not greed.

Posted June 4, 2007

I am the parent of three children currently attending CAC. This school is outstanding. We have experience with three schools and CAC is by far the best. CAC is unquestionably top notch academically. Spanish is available for all grade levels. Advanced math classes begin in seventh grade; AP courses are taught in HS. They've even added a music program (which all my children love). The small class size enables high quality classroom discussion. I cannot say enough positive comments about the staff at CAC. They truly care about each child, appreciating each child's uniqueness. My middle school child raves about his teachers; we hear stories about the lively conversations in class. Learning at CAC is fun! As an example of the richness of the program, my 2nd grader is learning piano, Spanish and taking Tennis! We drive 1/2 hr each way to have the kids at this outstanding school.

Posted May 16, 2007

I am a recent college graduate who attended CAC for elementary, middle, and returned for my junior and senior years of high school. The education I received was superior to that of the public school, but more writing needs to be added to the curriculum. Also, I feel as if students are too sheltered from outside events, and this is often to their detriment, not to their advantage. I have seen so many times that when students are released from the environment, they go wild. This may be due to lack of parental control or from lack of social involvement, but maybe not. Of course this has not been the case for all students. As long as parents and teachers stay involved together, and if your child is willing to be open-minded and wants to learn, CAC is a wonderful place for your child to grow.

Posted November 13, 2006

One of the best Christian schools I have been involved with. I am so thankful to God for it. High quality for much less than the average Christian school.

Posted August 6, 2006

I am currently enrolled in highschool at CAC. The school is amazing. The atmosphere in the classrooms is great. The teachers really care about their students and are awesome role models to all of us. They not only teach us math and English, but they teach us valuable lessons through the way they live theirs lives. Our sports program isn't as good as other school's, but we enjoy it. Since CAC is such a small school, classmates tend to feel like brothers and sisters. Instead of superficial friendships, students develop meaningful, strong relationship that will last a lifetime. I personally would not want to attend any other school. CAC is a unique place where I not only get the best possible education in academics, but I'm daily learning how to be a woman of faith.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 22, 2006

CAC is amazing. I am currently a college student (a graduate of CAC), and everyday we are taught things in college, that I already know thanks to CAC. It does a wonderful job preparing students for college. I attend a private college, and the level of work is more advanced that most public universities. I know that I would not be prepared for this, had I not attended CAC. I think that the spirituality of the students is amazing, and that they really have hearts for the Lord. It is a great place, and I plan on sending my children there!

Posted June 5, 2005

My daughter attended CAC a couple of years in the grade school and two years in the high school. Some things were positive, but there were many negative things also. The Abeka curriculum is repetitive and does not prepare the student for college very well. Also, the quality of the teaching staff is not up to par. Christian schools such as CAC are not the Christian environment that some think. Generally, I found that the high school students were not living Christian lives. There was not much of a difference between these students and public school students. In some ways, I found public school students to be kinder, with more respect for others. I would recommend the grade school, but not the high school. The Abeka curriculum, however, is very stressful for the students. In my opinion, CAC needs to teach the golden rule to the high School students.

Posted May 24, 2005

Hello, I am Sarah and I went to cac in 7th grade. I loved that school so much, and I would do anything to go back. I miss my teachers so much. I hope to come and visit next year. When I went to cac the Quality of academics was WONDERFUL. The teachers are so nice and they want your child to do great, and they do the best they can in helping them. I miss u all and I hope to see u all soon. always loving u all, Sarah Hussey

Posted January 16, 2005

CAC ia a wonderful learning environment. I attended a couple of years there myself and now I have a daughter in K4. The only set back is involovement in the community. The younger kids can play little leagues sports, but you are not as involved with the community as it would be with a public school. It is all just a matter of opinion...if you want advanced education this is it, if you want your child to learn at an average level, but be involved in the community...this isn't the place. But I personally fully support CAC. They are planting the good word and putting children a step ahead with their advanced cirriculum.

Posted April 26, 2004

CAC only cares about what it looks like on the outside. They want more students so they have to make things look good to people. Once they get your money they do not really care what happens. If you want your child in a better environment then this school is for you but its not worth the money. Learning is equal as a public school.
—Submitted by a former student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1703 Easter Day Road