Carrollton, KY

Christian Academy Of Carrollton 2

Posted November 14, 2013
While the curriculum is a solid one, we had to transfer our child and found that he/she was behind in math at the public school. Love the emphasis on Bible but too rule-upon-rule and very little compassion shown to children. Expected to tow the line or get out. Poor direction from administration and very little knowledge. Teachers nor school is accredited and many universities won't accept that your child graduated from a non-accredited school.

Posted August 28, 2013
my three grandchildren attend C.A.C. and love it. in every aspect of their development, i see growth in their abilities as children to excel in the academics, as well as in being taught the idea that God should be a part of their school experience. thank God for C.A.C. Lew & JoAnn Combs

Christian Academy Of Carrollton 3

Posted January 12, 2011
I would have highly recommended this school a few years back but due to poor leadership and cutbacks on staffing this school has begun to fail. Due to the lack of funds, for example, the new gym is rarely heated above 52 degrees in winter and air conditioning is limited in the summer months to "special events". So many students are not paying full tuition making the families that are suffer. I was really hoping to keep my children in this school until 8th grade at least but now I am looking to find another school.

Posted April 06, 2010
CAC is a great school! My daughter is attending K4 and has learned to read entire books and can write her name in cursive handwirtting. Her vocabulary is extensive and they teach the children very good manners along with the bible studies that they do not get in public school!

Posted December 16, 2008
I attended a private school when I was young, it clossed when I reached 5th grade (1969). My experience with CAC dates back to 1993 to 2008 and beyond. I have had one child attend k-5 through 8th grade and she excelled at CAC. She went on to public school and passed all classes with straight A's. I now have one enrolled in CAC for the past 4 years. She loves the school very much and she amazes me with what she has learned. I would recomend this school to anyone.

Christian Academy Of Carrollton 0

Posted June 19, 2008
I am a former parent of a CAC student. It is a great school! CAC has wonderful caring teachers from K4 to 12th. They do a great job recruiting not only qualified teachers but quaility teachers. The curriculum used at CAC does an excellent job preparing students for college. I attended a small private school like CAC that used the same curriculum and have attended excellent colleges including Oxford University in England. At CAC students will be able to reach their dreams while being closely guided by a wonderful staff.

Christian Academy Of Carrollton 4

Posted January 09, 2008
I must respectfully disagree with the reviewer who mentioned it is only about money. The teachers make less than minimum wage and the principal works for no salary at times. That is an act of love, not greed.

Posted July 24, 2007
- a former student

Posted June 04, 2007
I am the parent of three children currently attending CAC. This school is outstanding. We have experience with three schools and CAC is by far the best. CAC is unquestionably top notch academically. Spanish is available for all grade levels. Advanced math classes begin in seventh grade; AP courses are taught in HS. They've even added a music program (which all my children love). The small class size enables high quality classroom discussion. I cannot say enough positive comments about the staff at CAC. They truly care about each child, appreciating each child's uniqueness. My middle school child raves about his teachers; we hear stories about the lively conversations in class. Learning at CAC is fun! As an example of the richness of the program, my 2nd grader is learning piano, Spanish and taking Tennis! We drive 1/2 hr each way to have the kids at this outstanding school.

Christian Academy Of Carrollton 4

Posted May 16, 2007
- a former student
I am a recent college graduate who attended CAC for elementary, middle, and returned for my junior and senior years of high school. The education I received was superior to that of the public school, but more writing needs to be added to the curriculum. Also, I feel as if students are too sheltered from outside events, and this is often to their detriment, not to their advantage. I have seen so many times that when students are released from the environment, they go wild. This may be due to lack of parental control or from lack of social involvement, but maybe not. Of course this has not been the case for all students. As long as parents and teachers stay involved together, and if your child is willing to be open-minded and wants to learn, CAC is a wonderful place for your child to grow.

Christian Academy Of Carrollton
1703 Easter Day Road, Carrollton, KY  41008
Last modified Christian Academy Of Carrollton is a Private school that serves grades PK-10
Christian Academy Of Carrollton Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top