9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Posted November 19, 2015
The teachers have a true concern for the students and really WANT to see them succeed. LOVE this school!!!

Posted September 19, 2014
MY SCHOOL IS GREAT AND IT SHOULD BE FIVE STARS AND YOU SHOULD GO THERE

Posted July 03, 2011
I did not grow up in E-Town, however,I had a sister and brother that attended Central. They participated in soccer and cheerleading, as well as other extra cirriculars. Both have continued their education and service. When moving here, we chose to build in the district because of the good scores at the time and prior knowledge of all schools in the area. We have been extremely happy all the way around. They have, in our opinion, done extremely well academically and have excelled in all sports the past year . Testing scores only go so far when rating.

Posted June 27, 2011
Central Hardin High School is an outstanding school with a faculty that really cares about students. Students appear to be well behaved, very respectful, and orderly each time I have been in the school. My 17 year old still looks froward to going to school each day. Way to go Central and the Hardin County Schools. By far, the best school district near Elizabethtown, KY.

Posted May 29, 2009
at one time i would say it was a good school, until graduation night.When a senior is not allowed to walk the line,just because his shoes did not suit Mr. Ortiz.This senior has worked hard to get to that point, and then he was denied the right to join his classmates. To me no matter what they wear it is suppose to be their night not Mr. Ortiz's night......

Central Hardin High School 1

Posted May 01, 2009
Horrible disorganized, oppressive and doesn't care about there student's

Posted March 23, 2009
this school is awesome. people need to attend this school if they have the choice and recomendation.

Posted March 19, 2009
CHHS is a great school. It has the size that enables them to offer more than most schools but the faculty that keeps it feeling small and like a family community.

Posted January 19, 2009
For the short time I went to this school as a Freshman a year ago, I could tell this is a great school. There were tutor programs for you if you were struggling in a program. The teachers cared and strived to reach out to each individual student so they could succeed. I never feared being at this school or any school in the district. The block scheduling is so much easier on students. They had time to learn, ask questions, and do their class/homework during class. I was failing Algebra 1 mid way through one quarter and in four weeks, I raised my grade 20 points, to get a B on my report card. Great Grading Scale too. Best school district I've ever been in. I know I would've received a great education If I could've stayed here!

Central Hardin High School 3

Posted May 01, 2008
Having two daughters who have attended this school, and being an educated parent as well, I feel like I need to comment. The team spirit of CHHS is strong, I don't have any complaints about the activities being presented, and the JROTC program has been wonderful for my daughter. However, the mediocracy with regards to the academics is scary. My daughter has not been pushed, challenged, nor encouraged by this school. She's going to graduate and I truely feel she's not ready for college. I was shocked when my daughters brought home a form in 8th grade asking them (at 13-14 yrs old) to chose the weight of their high school courses depending on whether they will attend college. Why are they even making that an option? CHHS is questionable.

3040 Leitchfield Rd, Cecilia, KY  42724
Last modified Central Hardin High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.