Corbin, KY

Oak Grove Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
Very personalized education with a variety of methods of teaching the children. The faculty and staff take an interest in the success of each child and are not sole focused on 'the test' as so many other schools seem to be.

Posted August 01, 2013
My children love Oak Grove and I do, too. Our children are encouraged to be their best and to treat others as they want to be treated. My fourth grader has attended Oak Grove since she was 4 and we have yet to encounter a teacher that was not outstanding. The communication between the teachers and parents is by far the best when compared with my friends experiences in other districts and private schools.

Posted April 28, 2010

Posted December 07, 2009

Posted February 23, 2009
I attended Oak Grove as a child and loved it. Now that I have school age children of my own I would never consider sending them anywhere else. Even though I live thirty minutes away!! The school is worth the drive.

Posted April 23, 2008

Posted September 05, 2006
Both of my children have attended Oak Grove and I have had excellant results with them. My son is attention deficit and their special education program has allowed him to stay on track. Anytime I have had a concern, the staff has gone out of their way to support his educational experience. My daughter excelled in this environment and now that she has passed on thru the Middle School and is now at the High School, she has had the foundation that has allowed her to excel there as well.

Posted August 29, 2006

Posted April 13, 2006

Posted April 10, 2006
I currently have two children who attend OakGrove. Keeping parents informed and involved is a definite strength of OakGrove. The Principal and Asst. Principal are very friendly, helpful and approachable. The academic excellence expected/achieved at OakGrove is unmeasurable to surrounding schools and districts and having nationally certified teachers is an additional bonus! My boys are eager to attend school because the staff and PTA are always providing activites and programs that enhance their learning. The family rescource center is also very involved with parent education and assistance as well as the student's and staff's needs. OakGove has a full time registered nurse which eases my mind if my boys were to get hurt. If your child were to have a learning disability or communication disorder, OakGrove's special education staff and speech-language pathologist are proactive in remediating your child's weaknesses and help them excel in their strengths. Thanks!

Oak Grove Elementary School
4505 Cumberland Falls Hwy, Corbin, KY  40701
Last modified Oak Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Grove Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top