Corbin, KY

Oak Grove Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
Very personalized education with a variety of methods of teaching the children. The faculty and staff take an interest in the success of each child and are not sole focused on 'the test' as so many other schools seem to be.

Posted August 01, 2013
My children love Oak Grove and I do, too. Our children are encouraged to be their best and to treat others as they want to be treated. My fourth grader has attended Oak Grove since she was 4 and we have yet to encounter a teacher that was not outstanding. The communication between the teachers and parents is by far the best when compared with my friends experiences in other districts and private schools.

Posted February 23, 2009
I attended Oak Grove as a child and loved it. Now that I have school age children of my own I would never consider sending them anywhere else. Even though I live thirty minutes away!! The school is worth the drive.

Posted September 05, 2006
Both of my children have attended Oak Grove and I have had excellant results with them. My son is attention deficit and their special education program has allowed him to stay on track. Anytime I have had a concern, the staff has gone out of their way to support his educational experience. My daughter excelled in this environment and now that she has passed on thru the Middle School and is now at the High School, she has had the foundation that has allowed her to excel there as well.

Posted April 10, 2006
I currently have two children who attend OakGrove. Keeping parents informed and involved is a definite strength of OakGrove. The Principal and Asst. Principal are very friendly, helpful and approachable. The academic excellence expected/achieved at OakGrove is unmeasurable to surrounding schools and districts and having nationally certified teachers is an additional bonus! My boys are eager to attend school because the staff and PTA are always providing activites and programs that enhance their learning. The family rescource center is also very involved with parent education and assistance as well as the student's and staff's needs. OakGove has a full time registered nurse which eases my mind if my boys were to get hurt. If your child were to have a learning disability or communication disorder, OakGrove's special education staff and speech-language pathologist are proactive in remediating your child's weaknesses and help them excel in their strengths. Thanks!

Posted April 06, 2006
Both of my children attended Oak Grove from Kindergarten through 6th grade. Oak Grove has a warm, caring atmosphere with dedicated, hardworking teachers who have high expectations for their students and themselves. Parental involvement is very high and there is a high level of cooperation between teachers and parents, who work together to provide a high quality education for all of Oak Grove's students. Oak Grove's test scores and academic activities are a reflection of the hard work of all involved. Sports and extracurricular activites are varied and open to anyone with an interest. I highly recommend this school to anyone who is interested in a high quality education for their children. Expectations are high and the results are wonderful.

Posted April 03, 2006
When we moved back to this area my husband wanted our daughter to go to his old school (Oak Grove) I was not sure. As it turns out it was the best decision we could have made. The teachers take the students in as their own. I would probably be safe to say that 95% of the teachers are christians and pray daily for their students. Their test scores are no accident. I would advise anyone thinking about taking their child to Oak Grove to just walk in on any given day. I am positive you will see a child hugging his teacher and I'm sure you'll feel the love when you walk in the door. Oak Grove is a school Of Excellence and it doesn't take long to figure out why!!!!!

Posted February 13, 2006
My son started this year and he has come a long way from where he was at. His teacher is wonderful and a very excellent teacher. Oak Grove to me is an excellent school and I would recommend it to anyone. My son is a little behind everyone else and slow, but he does try his best and I am very proud of him. He has learned so much since he has been going to Oak Grove. The academics is very good at Oak Grove.

Oak Grove Elementary School 2

Posted September 25, 2005
My children attend Oak Grove. The school has an excellent AR program; however, there is alot of pressure on children to exceed expectations. If your child is interested in extracurricular activities, those are appearingly reserved for students of teachers and coaches. Judging is usually biased and held in proceedings that are closed to parents. Parental involvement is very high; however, this is not utilized at it could be. Overall Oak Grove is an average school attempting to look like a 'school of excellence'.

Oak Grove Elementary School
4505 Cumberland Falls Hwy, Corbin, KY  40701
Last modified Oak Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Grove Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top