Corbin, KY

Corbin High School 3

Posted February 02, 2010
This school is pretty cool. Most of the teachers are great but there is a few I wouldn't want near certain people. I cried one morning afraid that something may happen. I'm not the only one who feels that way. Some other people also think that. It is terrible. I just wish I could feel more safe and secure at school. I am one of the top students in my class, so I have a good amount of friends. There is one student who sometimes gets on my nerves. They think they are just God's gift to mankind. They tell someone to do something the 'right way.' I would love to have a school that wasn't so caught up in cliques and sports. This school is a good choice to an extent.

Corbin High School 2

Posted February 02, 2010
I think that it is a good school for the most part, but some teachers should be watched.....

Posted September 16, 2009
Corbin High School has the best teachers!

Posted July 24, 2008
I attended Corbin High School and received a wonderful education and felt prepared for college, with the exception of the Math department. I felt that the Math department didn't prepare me for the college entry level. I am a good math student but just wasn't taught the proper material my junior-senior years. I even took a higher level math at Corbin but still wasn't prepared. CHS prides itself in its sports, which they do very well (as they should considering the large staff they hire JUST for sports activities) but the kids aren't interested in arts, writing, music and such. I also thought that Corbin is the town where their parents live their lives through their children, that to me is very sad. CHS has without a doubt the best sports programs in the area, but when compared ot the state as a whole, its really not that great.

Posted February 25, 2008
Both of my children attended Corbin, and graduated with honors. They had no probelms getting in to their respective colleges, and have excelled there as well. Both were active athletically and academically. Corbin has a highly sports motivated program, yet they do not lose sight of why they are there, to learn. They are ranked 3rd overall in the state at this time academically, and have maintained a top 20 status since these rankings began.

Posted November 10, 2007
Great education, great social environment, great sports. Corbin truly is a great school. There is a family feel to every Redhound in the school. When I say Redhound, it's not just the athletes. It's every student.

Posted December 08, 2006
I graduated from Corbin High just three years ago. I strongly feel that Corbin is the best school in the area. I now attend a University and due to my eduactiona at Corbin, I have been able to attain very high goals in college. Corbin taught wiht a high level of academics. Moreover, while sprots are important at Corbin and help teach leadership skills, there is aslo a GPA level that must be met in order to play. I will soon be teaching at Corbin myself, and I will also send my own children to Corbin as well.

Corbin High School 1

Posted October 01, 2006
I attended Corbin High for two terriable years before leaving and going to another high school. The education here isn't all that great no matter how much they sugar coat it.Spots comes first even before education and everyone knows that!

Corbin High School 2

Posted August 24, 2005
I have been a student in the corbin city schools, and I'm now a parent. I can't help but notice that there is such a strong push for children to be athletic, but a lack of effort in pushing them to do better in school. The coaches are so worried about tradition, that they forget why kids are sent to school to begin with. Also, even the teachers seem to make differences between the kids based on who their parents are, and how much money they make. Its bad enough that children have to face those problems from their classmates, let alone their teacher. Don't get me wrong, i do want my child to be involved in sports, but school comes first. I feel that corbin city schools should start gearing themselves towards education first.

Corbin High School 3

Posted July 20, 2004
One of the better schools in the area but several teachers lack interest in teaching the students and leave it to the students to teach themselves. Sports outshine academics.

1901 Snyder St, Corbin, KY  40701
Last modified Corbin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Corbin High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top