No rating

St Augustine School

Private | K-8

Living in Covington

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $56,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $680.

Posted November 29, 2010

St. Augustine is a GREAT little school. The principal is very concerned about the children as individuals. This school has excellent teachers. My children have been at other schools and I can honestly say, St. A's has the best teachers. This makes an incredible difference. St. A's has small class size and a diverse student body. However, the school still maintains a strong Catholic identity. The school is very disciplined and poor behavior and poor study habits are not tolerated from the children. The children are encouraged to do their best work and demontrate their best behavior. I drive my children 25 minutes each way to school every day, so they can benefit from this great little school. I encourage you to check it out. Sr. Maria Therese is really a great principal. She is knowledgeable about what goes on day to day and she is open to hearing from the parents. I am very pleased to have my children attend St. Augustine school.

Posted August 26, 2010

This year our principal reported a significant growth in enrollment. The school activities have made it in the local papers. They have a great school to showcase. You will want to be part of the St. Augustine School community!

Posted July 29, 2010

The faculty and administration at St. Augustine School have put forth much effort in creating a wonderful educational environment where children will thrive. My children attend St. Augustine, and we are proud of them and their achievements.

Posted October 16, 2008

I have been a parent at St. Augustine for three years. My children have differing academic abilities, and their gifts were identified very early and they have received individual attention to enhance their success. The benefits of teacher experience and quality, small class size, and administrative leadership far outweigh the limited budget they work under compared to other schools. I am also glad that my children have the opportunity to have friends from various ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds. I believe that these friendships give them a much more realistic view of the country as a whole than schools with a more homogenous makeup. Finally, St. Augustine School focuses on developing the whole child with excellent art and music instruction as well as a balance of spiritual and physical activites that encourage my children to develop all of their gifts - spiritually, academically, and culturally.

Posted January 6, 2008

St. Augustine School teachers prepared me well for high school. They taught me discipline and a love for learning. The teachers were fair and professional. I'm glad my parents sent me to this school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 5, 2007

The school is very Catholic. It is parental guidance that the students who misbehave need. The school's faculty and administrator are excellent.

Posted May 5, 2007

Principal and teachers work hard with less. Students are encouraged to study each day and do their best. The school sponsors Catholic activities where all students are welcome. This school reflects a stable atmosphere in the city of Covington.

Posted March 29, 2007

As a former student at St. Augustine School in the 1970s, I was encouraged to live my faith and was prepared for my high school years at Notre Dame Academy. I have returned to St. Augustine School to continue the good work I have received. I enjoy teaching at St. Augustine School. I have shared my talents with the school and parish community. I share a personal history rooted in St. Augustine Parish. I was baptized and confirmed in the Church; I also made my Final Vows as a Sister of Notre Dame in 1988. I work with great people; our St. Augustine faculty represents a wealth of teaching experience. Bravo to those who make St. Augustine a place I WANT TO BE! Check out our website: www.staugustines.net
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 29, 2007

St. Augustine School provides an excellent Catholic education to my child. My entire family benefits from St. Augustine Parish Community. The principal continues to make school improvements by writing grants. Each year new things happen at this school. It is full of life! Good work!

Posted May 24, 2006

I have 2 children currently attending StAugustine. They are fairly bright children, and while the school offers special programs and assistance to children who have lower than average abilities, they refuse to address the issue of offering more advanced children. There are also many behavioral issues of children that are not addressed, while minor infractions such as 'playing with a pen' result in academic violations. There is only one academic team in the school, for grades 7&8. The 3-6 basketball teams are not allowed to return to the league from this year because of the behavior of both coaches and children. Very embarrassing as a parent trying to raise children to have Christian behaviors. StAgustine needs a lot of work as a Catholic school.

Posted November 19, 2004

I went to St.Augustines for a couple of years, and my over all opinion was ok. Yes they have a good computer system, but they have health issues too. Every once in a while some of my classmates and I would find a roach here and there. Thats why they have closed the locker rooms. That is the place where roach's live. Don't get me wrong,St.Augustine is a great school, Most of all its a good,small school.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted October 14, 2003

I've had one child complete St. Augustine School and currently have one in the second grade. The principal and teachers are the biggest asset to our school. Many of the teachers were students here and have come back to teach. We have a very strong academic program. A state of the art computer lab with an Apple Computer core leader on site. The parent involvement could be better. The same people seem to volunteer for everything. I would like to see additional extracurricular activities which would require more parental involvement (volunteers).

Posted September 9, 2003

My child has attended St. Augustine School For 4 years now and we are very pleased with the schools curriculum. The staff is wonderful and very personable. They teach the kids not only of the required subjects, but about respect morals and the teachings of God. Things that all kids should be aware of. I am very fortunate to have a school such as this to have my son attend. I thank god for this every day.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Covington

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1840 Jefferson Avenue