Covington, KY

Posted November 29, 2010
St. Augustine is a GREAT little school. The principal is very concerned about the children as individuals. This school has excellent teachers. My children have been at other schools and I can honestly say, St. A's has the best teachers. This makes an incredible difference. St. A's has small class size and a diverse student body. However, the school still maintains a strong Catholic identity. The school is very disciplined and poor behavior and poor study habits are not tolerated from the children. The children are encouraged to do their best work and demontrate their best behavior. I drive my children 25 minutes each way to school every day, so they can benefit from this great little school. I encourage you to check it out. Sr. Maria Therese is really a great principal. She is knowledgeable about what goes on day to day and she is open to hearing from the parents. I am very pleased to have my children attend St. Augustine school.

Posted August 26, 2010
This year our principal reported a significant growth in enrollment. The school activities have made it in the local papers. They have a great school to showcase. You will want to be part of the St. Augustine School community!

Posted July 29, 2010
The faculty and administration at St. Augustine School have put forth much effort in creating a wonderful educational environment where children will thrive. My children attend St. Augustine, and we are proud of them and their achievements.

Posted October 16, 2008
I have been a parent at St. Augustine for three years. My children have differing academic abilities, and their gifts were identified very early and they have received individual attention to enhance their success. The benefits of teacher experience and quality, small class size, and administrative leadership far outweigh the limited budget they work under compared to other schools. I am also glad that my children have the opportunity to have friends from various ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds. I believe that these friendships give them a much more realistic view of the country as a whole than schools with a more homogenous makeup. Finally, St. Augustine School focuses on developing the whole child with excellent art and music instruction as well as a balance of spiritual and physical activites that encourage my children to develop all of their gifts - spiritually, academically, and culturally.

St Augustine School

Posted January 06, 2008
St. Augustine School teachers prepared me well for high school. They taught me discipline and a love for learning. The teachers were fair and professional. I'm glad my parents sent me to this school.

Posted May 05, 2007
The school is very Catholic. It is parental guidance that the students who misbehave need. The school's faculty and administrator are excellent.

Posted May 05, 2007
Principal and teachers work hard with less. Students are encouraged to study each day and do their best. The school sponsors Catholic activities where all students are welcome. This school reflects a stable atmosphere in the city of Covington.

Posted March 29, 2007
As a former student at St. Augustine School in the 1970s, I was encouraged to live my faith and was prepared for my high school years at Notre Dame Academy. I have returned to St. Augustine School to continue the good work I have received. I enjoy teaching at St. Augustine School. I have shared my talents with the school and parish community. I share a personal history rooted in St. Augustine Parish. I was baptized and confirmed in the Church; I also made my Final Vows as a Sister of Notre Dame in 1988. I work with great people; our St. Augustine faculty represents a wealth of teaching experience. Bravo to those who make St. Augustine a place I WANT TO BE! Check out our website: www.staugustines.net

Posted March 29, 2007
St. Augustine School provides an excellent Catholic education to my child. My entire family benefits from St. Augustine Parish Community. The principal continues to make school improvements by writing grants. Each year new things happen at this school. It is full of life! Good work!

St Augustine School 2

Posted May 24, 2006
I have 2 children currently attending StAugustine. They are fairly bright children, and while the school offers special programs and assistance to children who have lower than average abilities, they refuse to address the issue of offering more advanced children. There are also many behavioral issues of children that are not addressed, while minor infractions such as 'playing with a pen' result in academic violations. There is only one academic team in the school, for grades 7&8. The 3-6 basketball teams are not allowed to return to the league from this year because of the behavior of both coaches and children. Very embarrassing as a parent trying to raise children to have Christian behaviors. StAgustine needs a lot of work as a Catholic school.

St Augustine School