Covington, KY
After care: No

Covington Latin School 3

Posted February 20, 2015
Unfortunately, Covington Latin School loses 1/3 of its students between freshman and senior years. Some leave on their own, others are told to leave. It's not the work itself that is too hard, it's the workload. It is just not manageable for some kids to do 4+ hours of homework each night. I also don't think the administration realizes how crushing it is to a young teen to fail in high school. Instead of bringing in more students at a younger age, the school needs to take care of the students who are there.

Covington Latin School 3

Posted January 30, 2015
It's a challenging school, very heavy workload and sink or swim atmosphere. They recruit smart kids, but the program is not individualized, so smart kids can and do fail and there is no meaningful remedial help. If I had it to do over again, I would send my child elsewhere; too much pressure and stress for young kids in my opinion.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 18, 2014
B e s t s c h o o l in the country. Enough said.

Posted November 16, 2014
Not every student is cut out for Covington Latin School. It is a challenging school with a high attrition rate. The students graduate high school at a very young age - 15 - 17 years which shows that they take care of a special group of kids. All of my children went to CLS. Two decided to leave after a year or two, and two graduated from the school. I cannot find blame for my two children who decided to leave CLS because the teachers are very attentive to the students' needs and give many opportunities for success.

Covington Latin School 1

Posted June 08, 2013
The school is horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrrible, horrible completely horrible. 'Nough said.

Posted February 29, 2012
I am a Junior at this school now and I think this is one of the best schools out there. The teachers are all amazing and truly care about their students. The academic root that we are given is both challenging yet still attainable. Though having to suffer through two years of Latin (that being the only down side having to take Latin) I think this school is great

Posted June 28, 2011
Im a current student at this school. Going into my Junior year. Everyone here is a little wierd in their own way. Im pretty socially awkawrd sometimes, for example. You know, just not the "cool kids" at public schools. I would not fit in so well at a public school. This is the best environment i could ever hope for in a school. I fit in so well, and everyone is so nice,... we truly are a family at this school. Also an amazing education. The work is not difficult, it is all work ethic.

Posted December 10, 2010
My husband and three of our children attended Latin School. All of them loved it. It is challenging, but well worth the effort. The small classes are a plus and the new labs currently being built will only further the students' ability to do well in college and beyond.

Posted April 06, 2010
Who is that who wrote that their child complains?! This is the best school in the area an I couldn't possibly imagine goin anywhere else. There are many reasons I love it: excellent comunication between students, teachers, and parents; getting so well prepared for college; and the positive attitude of the faculty, staff, and students. I love Latin School and I hope any perspective students will consider Latin School and come to love it as much as I do.

Covington Latin School 1

Posted February 15, 2010
Do not come to this school. The Headmaster is horrible and the teachers cannot teach. My child constantly complains about his school. Do not come here

Covington Latin School
21 East 11th Street, Covington, KY  41011
Last modified Covington Latin School is a Private school that serves grades 8-12
Covington Latin School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top