Covington, KY

Posted September 20, 2013
Calvary Christian School has been a great blessing to us in a time that is very formidable in our child's life. The teachers stress the Word of God and the importance of a relationship with Christ Jesus, but they also deliver top academics, too. Our child has grown tremendously in her spiritual life, academic life, and social life. We have not had an issue that hasn't been addressed immediately. Not only do the teacher's take an active part in a child's development, but the administration and staff come along side of them with support, prayer, and love. I thank God for answering our prayer in CCS!

Posted September 20, 2013
I have a unique perspective with Calvary Christian School in that before I become a parent I also was a staff member, and being a staff member I had a perspective of the school from the inside out. The inside was and is what you see on the outside. Dedicated to teaching the students, genuine love for the students and their jobs, and always striving to be better at what they do. Calvary has so many opportunities for the students from sports, to scholastic achievement, to family fun, and encouraged school participation for the parents to partnering with them to achieve one goal, and that is to prepare the student to deal with life and to succeed in life as they move into the world as productive individuals. Calvary succeeds because they believe this is the best and only way to train up the youth, and that is to have parents committed and involved with them to better prepare the student individual for life outside the school walls.

Posted September 20, 2013
Calvary Christian School is a great place for a student to find support. Our son has been in city schools his entire life, he was harassed almost daily due to his gentle nature. Since he started this school he's been growing not only spiritually but emotionally too. He comes home now and talks about the other children he meets, the teachers he has and his countenance has just brightened. He never talked about school, he was never happy about it, he only spoke of the negative things that happened. At CCS he has changed, he is now involved, he takes Band, he gets involved in plays, and sports. He's happy, and this is a great thing for a parent to see. This school has not only treated my son as family, but my wife and I as well. I began to feel comfortable to get involved, I brought food to a meeting and was happy to find that it was enjoyed. People in this school have reached out to us as parents, as people and that is so important to us especially in a society where people are mostly closing themselves in. There is so much more I would like to say about this school, it's teachers, students, and facility but unfortunately the character ratio is not allowing it. Awesome!

Posted September 20, 2013
CALVARY IS THE BEST!!! THEY TRULY LOVE AND CARE FOR YOUR CHILD PRE-K - 12th GRADE. THE WORD OF GOD IS ALIVE AND ON FIRE AT CALVARY!!! GREAT ACADEMICS, LOVING STAFF, GREAT STUDENTS, GOD'S WORD, CALVARY HAS IT ALL!!! I HAVE 3 SONS AT CALVARY AND HAVE SEEN FIRST HAND THE WONDERFUL DIFFERENCE GOD HAS MADE IN THEM THOUGH CALVARY. I THANK GOD FOR CALVARY AND ITS WONDERFUL LEADERS!

Posted August 25, 2013
Calvary Christian School provides the best Christian education, as well as high education standards overall, much higher than public schools in the area. Although the comments below, may have been valid when they are written in regards to lack of AP classes and bullying, these things have been more than adequately addressed by the new administration. If anyone has any question or doubt on this, please contact Dr. Dickens directly. Rumors and a subpar administrator prior to Dr. Dickens have caused some catching up. And CCS can improve in some areas but is making huge strides. The Fine Arts program is tops, particularly with the limited amount of funding, and stands up or exceeds any school program in the area. Parent involvement is good from those who do help, although as in many other institutions, likely 20% do 80% of the work. Thank you Dr. Dickens and staff for your love and heart for our kids, and keeping a Bible-based, Christ-centered atmosphere. WE ARE CALVARY!

Posted August 25, 2013
We choose Calvary for our children because of the individual attention that each child receives, not only from the teachers but the entire staff. We not only feel the school offers a top education but a Christ-centered one, which is important to us as parents. Calvary offers its students a variety of athletics, performing arts classes, and advanced college-prep courses. You will be happy you choose Calvary too!

Posted June 10, 2013
We highly recommend CCS. Both of our children graduated from Calvary, and we feel blessed that they were able to receive a quality education in a Christian environment. Our children chose the harder path...Physics, AP Physics, Calculus, AP US History, AP Literature, AP European History. All of these classes prepared them for the academic requirements in college. They also enjoyed participating in the arts...band and drama as well as being a part of the engineering team, student council, NHS, Beta Club and sports. Plus, the Christian world view presented by the CCS teachers prepared them to stand for Christ in the "real" world. We felt like CCS was an extension of what we were trying to teach them as parents. The administration and teachers want what is best for the students and are constantly evaluating how to make changes for the better. There is no "perfect" school. Our children were exposed to some of the same "worldly" problems as a public school. However, those problems were on a much smaller scale and handled in a Christ-like manner. We would definitely choose CCS again.

Posted June 07, 2013
I am thankful to have found CCS when my daughter was in 2nd grade. She is now a senior. She has grown in academically and spiritually with the aid of CCS' staff walking alongside us as parents. We are a large family, and at this point, have been in the classrooms of most all of the teachers at CCS. Consistently we have witnessed teachers that are there because of their love for the Lord, and their desire to teach. It's not just a "place to work", but I have found the staff wholeheartedly puts their hearts into their work. They love the kids. They expect the best of the kids. The administration at CCS is professional and involved. I have never had any experiences of the administration being "hands-off", but have found they work with families to aid and address concerns. You hear that it takes a village to raise a family. With our large family, I totally get that. I believe the family atmosphere that is found at CCS through the administration, staff, and other families is hard to find elsewhere.

Posted June 06, 2013
I could go on & on with the positives about Calvary....The best way I can describe Calvary life is that it is very 'COMFORTING'. Comforting to know that my Daughter is being taught by loving people. Comforting that she gets positive encouragement in what ever she does. Comforting that she is getting Christian life training which she will use for the rest of her life. Comforting knowing that her Christian friends and their parents are invaluable. Comforting to see her grow and be involved in every phase of education and extra curricular events while bathed in prayer. Comforting that she has be taught and believes the Christian experience is a very important part of her education. Comforting knowing because of the positive influence she is flourishing in all her subjects. She was behind in math when she started at Cavalry and was provided a tudor. She caught up and hasn't looked back. I don't want to compare Calvary to a public school but I can, because we went to a public school for 8 years. I don't worry about her near as much as when she attended a public school. I know she will be successful in what ever she does and now with a Christ-like attitude.

Posted June 06, 2013
My daughter just graduated from Calvary Christian School on Taylor Mill Rd. All I can say is that she never wanted to miss school!! She was always afraid of what she might miss...she felt loved and encouraged by all the teachers and staff...I always had someone I could call or email with a prayer request...her guidance counselor always went above and beyond to get the necessary transcripts, recommendations, and "what-nots" to all her colleges she applied for. I know every day, when she drives by the school to get to NKU, she will cherish memories she'll never forget.

Calvary Christian School
5955 Taylor Mill Road, Covington, KY  41015
Last modified Calvary Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Calvary Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top