Covington, KY

Posted June 26, 2013
This is school is nothing but a mess. I knew a kid that went there in elementary school and brought lice into the middle school. You hear a lot of people talking about how bad R.A Jones Middle School is, but it is no where as near as bad a this. They have no respect for the children, as I know for a fact because 3 of my cousins have went there and 1 of my cousins go there now , all split apart in age by 3 years. The school is like a below commenter said , infested with bed bugs and lice, making my mom(the one that takes care of my four cousins) spend money she doesn't have. She has 4 nieces and nephews to worry about plus myself and my 3 brothers and sisters. 8 kids . She shouldn't have to worry about this. The teachers have no potential or joy for teaching the kids also. At this point 9th district should just be demolished to save hundreds of families the trouble.

Ninth District Elementary School 3

Posted October 31, 2012
Mr. Shephard has proven himself in the short time school has been in session. Two out of the 3 children have great teachers this year. I do take issue with a 3rd grade teacher who deems it appropriate to discuss her personal life with her students. I still have a very BIG issue with teachers and teacher's aides who have assaulted children still teaching. However, since it seems to have been aimed at the child who is disabled, there seems to be no issues with the other two children. I stand firm in my belief that these two teachers should NOT be working with children since they themselves have issues controlling themselves. They are NOT good role models for elementary children.

Posted May 07, 2012
I had a terrible experience here the environment was severely caustic. The classroom was out of control and a student assaulted a teacher.

Posted February 24, 2012
This school is horrible!! It only gets one star because you can't post a review without at least one star. The academics are subpar at best, my children could probably learn more watching educational TV than they do in this school. The staff, with the exception of a few good ones, are a joke. They do not care about the children in this school, they care about money. The school is also infested with bed bugs and lice and they could care less, and do not do anything to prevent it. Yet they expect you to send your child into this bug pit everyday, and spend all your money trying to keep your home pest free. If you happen to have a child with a learning or behavioral disability, then please turn around and find another school. This school is not interested in putting in the work with your child to make sure they are successful, their solution is to urge you to put them on medicine so they don't have to do anything, even if the child can be helped without medicine. There are many more issues with this school, but they won't let you post on here if you write them, so I will just say read what it won't let you post and come up with your own conclusions from there.

Posted October 12, 2010
I went to grade school here and my grand daughter goes there now. This is an awesome school!

Ninth District Elementary School 0

Posted October 01, 2009
So far my daughter has recived good school lesson plans

Posted September 09, 2009

Ninth District Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2009
I am very pleased with the education my sons are receiving at Ninth District, the teachers and staff are great

Ninth District Elementary School 4

Posted March 12, 2008
I really like Ninth District. I wasn't sure about sending my son to a public school but I have been pleased overall. The teachers are very helpful, and usualy we get regular updates on things that are going on at the school and with my son's progress. My only gripe is that there aren't any art or music classes, but I understand that is how it is at most schools now.

Posted October 03, 2006
My son graduated from 9th Dist. and now my grandchildren are going. I have the highest regards for this administration. They love the children and try diligently everyday to teach them respect, dignity, along with learning lifeskills they need in everyday life. The academic excellence is achieved on EVERY level. Mr. Lockerd, Mr. Ross and the teachers EXPECT respect, achievement and are all excited about their jobs. The children feel that excitement and expectations and try their best to achieve what is put before them. Thank you, thank you to this administration for making it exciting and challenging to go to school! Keep up the good work!

Ninth District Elementary School
28th and Indiana, Covington, KY  41015
Last modified Ninth District Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5
Ninth District Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top