Covington, KY

Posted January 01, 2014
This school is by far the best school my forth grader has went to out of four schools. I also have a kindergardener at this school. Teachers definitely keep parents informed. The principal is also very interested in my children's learning. Overall A+ Great school!

Posted May 07, 2012
This school is incredible! I have enjoyed working there in the past and the kids are thriving. The staff is wonderful.

Glenn O Swing Elementary School 0

Posted September 10, 2009
This is my son's 2nd year @ Glenn O Swing and I love it. They make sure to communicate with the parents whether it b a text message a phone call or an email

Glenn O Swing Elementary School 3

Posted May 06, 2009
My son is in his first year at this school and so far the teaching staff along with the VP has exceeded my expectations. However the office staff has been very rude and not helpful at all. After all is said and done I have already arranged to have my child leave this school after this year.

Posted May 03, 2009
I disagree with the January statement regarding teachers not sending their children to this school. On the contrary, most teachers and aides have their own children enrolled in the school, or had them enrolled here prior to sending them to our district's middle and high school. I believe that demonstrates a high level belief in the teaching and programs offered by the school.

Glenn O Swing Elementary School 2

Posted January 22, 2009
I have to agree about the office staff...a little less than welcoming to both the students and parents. I have had a difficult time engaging in programs offered here. It seems as though, unless you are a low-income monority, the extra programs are not quite useful. This Principal is much better than the last and is welcoming. Have not had any correspondence with the Vice-P. Teachers are wonderful.....but probably would not send their own children here. Overall...if you live close or can afford another district, I would advise against it.

Glenn O Swing Elementary School 3

Posted January 18, 2009
I am not sure how to feel about the school. The teachers are really devoted to the kids but the office staff can use some attitude changes. on more than one occasion I have seen myself the way the staff in the office talk horribly to the kids. I do not approve of the office staff at this school. I have a daughter who attends and the teachers she has had have been awesome. which is why she is still enrolled, the teachers are what counts and they seem to care here.

Posted January 07, 2008

Glenn O Swing Elementary School 4

Posted September 30, 2007
Pretty good school overall. They are having lots of new programs and state funding increases test scores about 5 years ago were bad) which is really helping the school. The new DI program is great. My 6 year old reads better than her 10 year old cousin at another school. After school programs are getting better and a bigger variety. I actually co-lead the Girl Scouts and we opened it up to Kindergarten - 5th grade. I do wish sometimes communication was better at times. Nurse is AWESOME, both of my kids have medical issues and they are great at handling them. The trick is if you get involved with the teachers and the school, you and your child will have a better experience.

Glenn O Swing Elementary School 0

Posted September 28, 2007
I absolutly love the staff! (including the office) I am a little dissapointed in the feedback that I get from the teachers. I send notes in the planners all the time that dont get answered for 3 or 4 days. I would like to see the playground a little more interesting and what is up with a football team?

Glenn O Swing Elementary School
501 West 19th St, Covington, KY  41014
Last modified Glenn O Swing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenn O Swing Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top