R C Hinsdale Elementary School 1

Posted January 09, 2014
I can't agree more with the other parent that had issues with his son having ADHD. My son has had some problems with the transition from going half day to full day. The staff is the first one to label a child with a disability before trying to help the student. They have to understand these are kids NOT adults. They need to have the patience to have to deal with children from the ages of 5-11. Some kids are harder than others but still have the ability to learn. The staff needs to take a course about children with ADD, ADHD, and ODD to further their education as well.

Posted October 25, 2013
My children went to this school when Connie Ryle was principal. Awesome school, amazing experience. It was like a private school in every respect besides being free!

Posted August 03, 2013
Hinsdale is amazing! The teacher and staff are allstars! I wouldn't have it any other way!

R C Hinsdale Elementary School 1

Posted February 13, 2013
This school has been the most horrific experience I have ever seen. My son has ADHD and has a lot of trouble focusing to begin with. There are no classrooms just one big room separated but bookshelves. During class every child can hear what the other is teaching or they are looking to see what the other class is doing. I have been trying to get my son to be able to adjust to normal life without his medication but when the secretary found out she called social services in which they began to tell me unless I give him medication that makes him malnutritioned and frequent headaches I would be seeing a lot if her. I called a meeting with the entire team of people to get some extra help for my son because I was receiving notes stating he was failing and unable to keep up with the other students and may have to repeat a grade. I asked for a learning disability meeting which requests for a tutor to be brought in on their expense since the teacher was unable to get through to him in class they are required by law for their funding. They proceeded to tell me he was doing great in class and his test scores were right where he is supposed to be. No recess for low test scores! Really!!!

Posted September 27, 2010
My daughter graduated from Hinsdale 2 years ago and my son graduated last year. This is school is second to none! Very professional and personable staff. My kids still miss Hinsdale, as well as I.

Posted March 24, 2010

Posted October 07, 2009
I love the time the stuff puts in to help out children

R C Hinsdale Elementary School 4

Posted September 04, 2008
Hinsdale is a great school. The adminstration puts the kids first. Hinsdale has a dedicated group of parents, but more involvement is necessary as the state and federal governments continue to cut the amount of money going to our schools. This is our investment in our children and we need to take our time and invest in them. This is one of the greatest gifts we can give them. If you volunteer in many ways and any help with fundraising/donations goes directly back into the programs and materials our children need. My child has ADD and some learning deficiencies/disabilities. Most at Hinsdale have been very helpful. I have found if you are patient and stick to being an advocate for your child, the adminstration and teachers are more than willing and very grateful to help. They are committed to your child succeeding.

Posted August 31, 2007
I could not be happier with Hinsdale. I have 2 kids there now. The communication between the school and the parents is awesome. I work full time and seldom make it to the school to volunteer. I still feel very connected with the school through the communication through newsletters, phone messages and the website. The open Pod system seems to work great for my kids. Several parents mentioned how well the school works with children with learning difficulties. I am on the other side of the coin I find the school also works great for children who are advanced. They have continually found a way to challenge my son. I can t imagine my kids being in any other school. I appreciate Mrs. Ryle and her fantastic leadership to give our community such an awesome place to send our kids.

R C Hinsdale Elementary School 0

Posted August 26, 2007
Excellent elementary school. I have 3 children which 2 have graduated from Hinsdale, and one who is in 3rd grade presently at Hinsdale. The teachers work closely with you and your child. The classroon structures (Pods) help the kids learn to focus and to work in a group setting. Love this school!

R C Hinsdale Elementary School
440 Dudley Rd, Edgewood, KY  41017
Last modified R C Hinsdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
R C Hinsdale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top