Elizabethtown, KY

Posted August 22, 2015
I'm sad to read recent poor reviews. We are a new family to this school and we had heard great reviews coming in. I have not been disappointed! On the first day of school, we were greeted by the new principal this year, several teachers and TWO priests who have made a very clear presence. I have been welcomed to volunteer and enjoy my time in the cafeteria helping with lunches. Unlike other schools my child has attended, parents eating lunch is limited to specific days because the school is on a tight schedule for lunch with seats alloted for students. They feed over 500 students in just under 2 hours! Also, parents aren't invited to attend school Masses, which I had done at other schools but that is because Masses are held in the gymnasium at this time, with plans to build a beautiful new church on the property in the near future. This new school building is beautiful and we have really enjoyed our experience so far.

St James Catholic School 1

Posted March 27, 2015
I hate to even have to give it one star. Extreme waste of money and for sure, one horrible third-grade teacher! Never even met or seen the principal all year long. They hardly ever get a recess and if they do it's in the parking lot on blacktop! Most of the homework that was sent home was never even gone over in classroom half the time I thought I was homeschooling my child even though I paid a ridiculous fee to send my child to the school. They don't allow parents to just come to lunch either. What happened to a friendly open-door policy from the school with nothing to hide!

St James Catholic School 3

Posted September 05, 2014
The previous parent comment (from April 2014) is spot on. Everyone raves about St. James, but in actuality it does not meet the expectation presented. Communication is poor; in it's dissemination, tone and grammar. The administration is out of touch with children and the needs of families. It is surprising the student scores are still high, with of the level of apathy in the administration AND staff. Nepotism appears to be quite common within the school, lending to the difficulty for new family integration. I am wholly disappointed!

St James Catholic School 3

Posted April 08, 2014
As a new person at this school I feel the PR needs improvement. New kids and parents are thrown into a mix with little to no guidance from seasoned members. We never met the Principle for a year. Grade postings are slow making it difficult for assessments. Communication between parent, staff and principal seemed to be disconnected. Many emails go unanswered. Most of the curriculum is high standard. Community service is a requirement of the school, which is needed in all schools.

Posted October 26, 2011
SJS is an excellent school. The school performs ABOVE the average of area schools (scores listed on website) and is among the top of the schools in the Archdiocese. This school also has an amazing parental group that makes for a school that functions like a community.

Posted October 22, 2009
My son started SJS in Kindergarten and with the exception of a few days here and there has enjoyed his experience. (he is now in middle school) I believe all the staff (principal, teachers, secretarial, lunch, cleaning, ASC, etc.) genuinely care about the well-being of each child. I also believe they encourage the parents to be active participants and share in each student's catholic education. There are numerous activities for the children (and parents) and the more you are involved, the more you see what SJS has to offer for your child(ren). I have also learned over the years, that you have to personally experience SJS and form your own opinion. :)

Posted April 16, 2009
My daughter is in the pre-school and I am very pleased with St. James. The material is age appropriate. The teachers are caring and that shows in how they interact with the kids.

Posted January 12, 2009
Hey , a few comments down, that person who said it was below average, actually it is a wonderful school, it fact i go there. It prepares you for high school and college better than any other middle schools i have seen.

Posted August 29, 2008
My daughter absolutely loved this school. She went to two years preschool there and was thrilled to go each day! The teachers are patient and careing. The staff is delightful! They are strict on their safety and education! The kids learn and have fun! The children are taught that they are valuable and important! It is an exceptional school with an exceptional education program. Unfortunately the tuition is rather costly especially with three kids but if we could have we would have kept our kids there! I would definitely recommend this school to all parents!

Posted June 02, 2008
St. James School is an excellent school because they really know how to connect with the students, although the work could be more challenging in math

St James Catholic School
114 North Miles Street, Elizabethtown, KY  42701
Last modified St James Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St James Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top