No rating

Montessori Children's Academy

Private | PK-1 | 66 students

Living in Elizabethtown

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $150,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $560.

Sweep tile

Posted February 6, 2013

The teaching method at this school is unmatched and the proof is in student progress. There are a lot of early readers and children working with math concepts that are well beyond their age-level. The teachers are very encouraging. Also, on a social level, the activities at this school are incredible. There are show and tell days to coordinate with the lessons and the children can be in a rotation to bring in and help prepare healthy snacks. All around, it's a fantastic school, the best preschool option in Hardin County.

Posted September 16, 2012

If you are looking for a great Montessori school then look somewhere else. This school's quality has gone down drastically in the last few years. If you are a believer in the Montessori Method look outside the county.

Posted May 14, 2012

This is the most expensive private school in our area and it is not worth the money. Attend a board meeting and you will quickly see the disorganization. If you work, this school will quickly become inconvenient and costly. The last day of school was changed and notice was given only 5 days in advance. This means I had to find care for my children for four days at the last minute. I paid tuition for a month, received two weeks of care and then they offered to provide care for an extra fee for days that were supposed to be covered. This is just one of many problems with this institution.

Posted May 11, 2012

Montessori Children's Academy is supposed to be run as a parent co-op, but instead is managed by a small group of small-minded people. The school is insolvent and losing huge amounts of money every month. There are two qualified Montessori teachers at the school, one AMS certified and one with many years of experience. The other teachers are not Montessori teachers. There is no communication, no budget process, no planning. They can't afford a cleaning crew - children are constantly sick through the winter. While the Montessori method is what attracted me to the school, the poor administration, rampant nepotism and closed-minded Board of Directors has run me off for good. Send your children elsewhere.

Posted May 14, 2011

I'll qoute my child: " I didn't like my teacher, so when she asked me to read, I wouldn't.". We changed schools and now reading two years above grade level.

Posted May 10, 2011

Montessori Children's Academy is a phenomenal school! I have been to several Montessori schools and this school is one of the best schools! They truly believe in the Montessori Philosophy, because it works. The education these children receive is far above state standards. Many of the children are reading by the end of their 4 year old year! The school is very fortunate to have administration that truly cares about the children as well as school and its impact in the community. The children do community service projects and the school has fun activities for the families to be involved. The school is also very lucky to have such GREAT teachers! The teachers at MCA are not in it for themselves, the money or to further their careers. They believe in the Montessori Method and they love working with the children. All the lead teachers are Montessori certified and go above and beyond to ensure the children have a great learning experience. The school may have been going through growing pains. Unfortunately, growing pains comes with any successful organization. This is and will be a successful program. I m proud to be a part of the Montessori Children s Academy!

Posted April 2, 2011

Desperately needs new administration and new direction for the future!! The school has been unable to effectively support a dramatic increase in students leaving the Montessori philosophy dangling by a thread!

Posted June 16, 2008

Wonderful school my child has been attending for 2 years and loves to go to school.

Posted May 3, 2008

This school taught me to listen to my child when he says he doesn't want to go to school. I just didn't realize how bad it was until we went to public kindergarten. What a pleasure to see my kid happy about school. Lots of Mommy guilt now that I know what a good school should be doing with kids.

Posted April 25, 2008

I am very excited about the Elizabethown Montessori Academy program. As a child I attended a Montessori through the fourth grade. Two of my three children are still attending school at this Montessori. My older son still reminises of his Montessori days, and is enjoying academic success with ALL Distinguished in the State CATS testing. One of my other children is a fluent reader at four and a walking Atlas. I feel as a parent that children should enjoy learning and not be forced to learn.This school 'follows the child',as Maria Montessori herself practiced. I fell very blessed to have found a Montessori in our town so that we were able to provide our children with a Montessori beginning. I am very excited to watch my children to grow in to young adults as 'independant thinkers', as Maria Montessori said. I encourage you to check the Elizabethtown Montessori out,for yourself.

Posted April 19, 2008

My son attends school there. My niece will be attending school there this fall. As far as appearances are concerned it is not elaborate or anything, but I love the enviroment. My son loves to go to school there, and has truly learned so much. He is already spelling, and has just learned his continents. It really amazes me. As far as it being of poor quality, have you read about Hardin counties school district? It is a joke. I have a close friend who is an elem. teacher, and the district is going downhill in a hurry. I love this school, and my son does as well. As my dear friend Bill Cosby would say; the proof is in the pudding. My son is proof of this schools success.

Posted January 21, 2008

Fantastic school, fantastic staff...highly recommend!

Posted January 15, 2008

Not an accredited Montessori. Very much not a traditional Montessori either. They have the teaching materials but the classroom environment is far from what you'd expect for a school advertised as Montessori. In fact I'd say the classroom environment is poor for any school. Don't let the new facilities impress you too much. If you choose this school for your kids, expect to put time into classroom observation and be very involved in board meetings. Especially if you know what a good Montessori should be. This place needs improvement. I give two stars because basic safety for the children is met and they have a new directress so changes are being made. As the most expensive private school in Etown, not worth the money.

Asian 15% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2411 Ring Rd Ste 114