PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

They loved my kids. Always. No matter what. We will miss this school for a very long time.

This school is Christ centered and provides academic excellence for all students meeting them at their individual level. They are a small school setting that provides a loving atmosphere based on individual need. My child has went from being withdrawn and failing to outspoken and confident. Their middle school program has provided academic excellence and skills to help her succeed in high school and beyond. The best by far!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

If the teachers were consistently there they may be more effective. As it stands now my baby has had four full time teachers in three months.

Their toddler classes (1 to 2 yrs) is in total disarray since Ms. Monica, who is amazing, went to infants almost 3 months ago. Since that time we have had four different full time teachers, 6 to 8 kids per classroom, multiple undocumented biting incidents, out of food, out of milk, lost bed sheets, etc. Our baby was sent home wearing another kids diaper carrying another kids bed sheet. We pay entirely too much for this substandard service and will absolutely be leaving as soon as possible. Do yourself a favor if you have a toddler and look elsewhere!

ECA is a great school where the teachers and admin staff really want to get to know your child. Because the class sizes are so small I feel like my child gets the attention she needs when there is something that she doesn't understand. Unlike other KY schools that our child have attended, we don't feel like "outsiders."

Wonderful school and staff! I would highly recommend this school, the children learn so much and seem to be so far ahead of other schools. This isn't just a school it is a family!

ECA has been a wonderful experience for me as well as my children. My family was welcomed with open arms and it has been that way all 4 years we have been there. I can't imagine sending my children to any other school. They have been challenged academically in a Christ centered curriculum. I want my children to be pushed to excel but also taught in a loving environment. I have not been disappointed!

ECA has provided a wonderful atmosphere for both of my children. The students are definitely challenged academically, however, as you would expect in a Christian school, Christ is at the center of the curriculum. My children have certainly grown academically, but more importantly they are developing character and that will serve them for the rest of their lives. The teacher's are very personable and clearly have a love for children. The school itself has a famly atmosphere and is not "stuffy" like some academy's. I would definitely recommend ECA to any parent who seeks an alternative to public schools. The combination of small class sizes, lack of disciplinary problems, a Christ-centered environment and achievement test scores that far exceed those of the surrounding schools makes for a compelling opportunity.

We have been very pleased with ECA and the Christian environment my child has received this year. We knew going into the school year that she would be challenged beyond belief b/c of the Beka curriculum ECA uses. She has learned so much academically which is preparing her for future schooling. However, her new knowledge of the Bible is preparing her for eternity.

Unfortuately, we had a miserable experience at this school. With the exception of one very special teacher, the 3 years spent there were miserable for my son and I. His confidence was utterly shattered. He managed decent grades (mostly A's and B's with a few C's) but somehow this was not satifactory to the school's teachers and principal and my son was treated poorly and we had several meetings over his grades. The curriculum is unbelievable. I have known home-schoolers who have used the same curriculum and it was not as challenging as the way ECA presented it. They started Kindegartners on cursive writing within the first few weeks of school. For the nearly $8,000 we wasted over 3 years, my son could have been excelling in the public school we're in now (earning all A's) and we could have saved alot of money.

Last modified Elizabethtown Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-6