Elizabethtown, KY

Posted September 22, 2012
My child attends NHE as a first grader. His Kindergarden teacher Mrs. Butler was an amazing teacher. She cared about the kids beyond words and knew my sons weak and strong points without having to dig through information. This shows how familular she was with each child as an individual. My child learned beyond my expectations for Kindergarten. She had a wonderful personality and very funny. I am very pleased and thankful my son had Mrs. Butler for his introduction to school. She did wonderful art work and cared for the children. I love NHE and thank god who attends that school then an Radcliff jurisdiction. The school is clean, friendly and refreshing. The princibal is amazing, up beat and very friendly (and hot).

Posted May 16, 2011
My son is in the FMD class with Mrs. Baldwin (special needs class). I love this school and the teacher she is so proactive and does not let my child check out and just waste the day away nor get away with anything:) She and her class room staff are awesome and work towards our goals on our IEP. I will def miss her when we have to move

Posted January 07, 2010
My daughter attened New Highland for preschool back in Fall 2005 and 2006. Ms Hill and her staff rock. Madison did so well with them I hated to move. WE have moved back to this area and we intend to buy a house in this school district.

New Highland Elementary School 1

Posted August 28, 2009

New Highland Elementary School 0

Posted May 11, 2009
my daughter has an anxiety d/o and I was worried about her starting a new school. She has done wonderful at this school and has almost no need for her IEP any longer.

Posted June 13, 2007
I have two children who attend New Highland School. I have been very pleased with their educational experience so far. They have had very good teachers for their kindergarten, first and second grade years. As with any school, there are areas that can be improved upon. I feel their strengths come from the classroom teachers and the a few of their special programs. Where all of Hardin County and E'town could use help is with their nursing support, gifted education, and strong administrative leadership that values educator input. New Highland has plenty of opportunity for parents to volunteer and most staff members are friendly and welcoming.

New Highland Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2007
New Highland is about normal for schools. I don't think they have any outstanding programs specifically. I was pleased with the kindergarten teacher in regards to my 5 year old. She really tried working with my child, who has ADHD. She didn't just push her to the side like their previous school.

Posted April 02, 2007
My son is in the pre k program and we love it, he is learning, and is very excited about going to school everyday, he loves it

Posted January 12, 2007
The preschool program is awesome, best in the county. The school is great overall and friendly, happy atmosphere. I'm somewhat disappointed in the services for speech therapy it is lacking, although the therapist do try. I would like to see more available for special needs children.

New Highland Elementary School
110 West A Jenkins Rd, Elizabethtown, KY  42701
Last modified New Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Highland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top