Elizabethtown, KY

Bluegrass Middle School 1

Posted May 15, 2014
I pulled my 6th grader out halfway thru the year and homeschooled the remainder of the year. He'll go to private school next year as I tried to enroll him into the other middle schools to no avail (citing that we are "out of district"). This school was on academic probation until a few yrs ago. I've had 2 children there and disliked it both times. Chaotic, too many students, they can't carry book bags, can't go to lockers after each bell, teachers unprofessional, NO ACADEMIC REDIRECTION. My child learned more in homeschool in 3 mo than the whole first half of their school year there. I started him over to day one 6th grade math and we'll be finishing up with math in the summer. A whole WEIGHT was lifted off of me and my child when we left this terrible school.

Bluegrass Middle School 2

Posted February 25, 2014
I have visited the school during and after hours for school events, only to be amazed at the unprofessionalism and lack of guidance from the staff. Children wildly run the halls, cursing, and inapropriately touching each other. There are scheduled weekly fights in the bathrooms, to which the staff has yet to place a hall monitor to prevent such issues. The kids are packed in small classes, with some teachers that do not interact with the students, give out worksheet packets, and ask that the students remain silent while they check their facebook accounts. The students are not allowed to bring some subject textbooks home and share lockers with other students, for funding issues unknown. Don't expect to be able to review much of your child's classwork, due to no homework being sent home. However you will get an email notification of classwork, that you will never see. This has led to a very stressful enviroment and the teachers have been known to speak in very harsh tones to students. Yes, even a guidance counselor. If you can afford or have the opportunity to apply for private school, please do. If possible, commuting to other local schools would be a good option.

Bluegrass Middle School 2

Posted October 11, 2013
The behavior is very bad. And the discipline is VERY unprofessional. Last year a teacher was hired who had NO control what so ever over her classes. She then forgot to give the placement test for Social Studies. A falculty member was recently fired for no reason and replaced. The vice principal last year has a reputation around the school for harassing students mentally. There have been stories of students going home crying or breaking down in class because of something he said to them. An 8th grade teacher I must say is great and prepares students for high school she is tremendous and should be somewhere better than this place known as a "School". Although she can be quite rude and closed minded. I also need to add that if you want your child to stay innocent, don't come to BGMS where the PDA is as high as the kids caught smoking weed in the bathroom last year.

Bluegrass Middle School 3

Posted May 24, 2012
This school's classes aren't very diverse. The the school is way overcrowded and some teachers even have to share rooms with others. There is hardly any parent involvement and the behavior is pretty bad. Academically, the school is pretty average and students in the gifted program are hardly recognized at all with a meeting only once about every month and a half. It's an okay school overall but I wouldn't say it's the best I've ever been to.

Posted May 21, 2012
I love working at Bluegrass. I have traveled the country and worked in several different school districts, but the Bluegrass faculty cannot be beaten in terms of their committment to student success. Teachers here know what a precious commodity they are entrusted with and treat that responsibility seriously and are honored to spend the hours at school with your children. They have high expectations, and do everything they can to get students to meet those expectations, including countless professional development hours beyond what is required. At Bluegrass, it really is all about what is best for students.

Posted April 22, 2012
Bluegrass middle school is a great school to send your child to. the teachers are some of the hardest working I have ever seen, and it has a great parent teacher organization. There is a real sense of community, which is hard to accomplish with the amount of diversity this school has to offer. The teachers, administration, and even the support staff do whatever it takes to make sure that all students succeed. I am proud to send my son to Bluegrass. The only thing that could make this school better is more great parents that want to be actively involved their kid's education.

Bluegrass Middle School 0

Posted March 10, 2009
I attend bluegrass as a formal 8th grader. Overall it's a great school, the food could be improved, other then that i find bluegrass a great school. Comming from a military base into a public school, bluegrass and the teachers there made me feel as if i was apart of something. Bluegrass has build up my confidence and i think it'll help me throughout my high school years when i attend john hardin high school... Class of '13.

Bluegrass Middle School 1

Posted January 29, 2009

Posted December 07, 2007

Posted August 07, 2007

Bluegrass Middle School
170 West A Jenkins Rd, Elizabethtown, KY  42701
Last modified Bluegrass Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bluegrass Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top