No rating

St Henry School

Private | PK-8

Living in Elsmere

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $91,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $720.

Posted February 1, 2012

We are extremely happy with our decision to go to St. Henry. We love the principal. She is approachable and outgoing and knows each student by name. (and their siblings who do not attend). Our children are very happy there. Our family has met a lot of friends and has gotten involved with a lot of activities. It is a wonderful school and great atmosphere. I highly recommend it.

Posted October 25, 2009

Let me tell you,I am a student at SHS I'm in the eighth grade and shs is horrible the teachers are rude, the kids are ruder and its awful. if you plan on your child having a happy K-8experience dont go through shs.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 24, 2009

All 4 of my children attended St. Henry School from Kindergarten through 8th grade. The education they received from the teachers at St. Henry allowed them to begin high school fully prepared. I believe that St. Henry is a great school and would recommend to anyone who asks.

Posted February 18, 2009

I have had the pleasant opportunity to send three children to St. Henry School. All three of them did very well academically. They were challenged by their teachers and held accountable for their behavior. They have gone to St. Henry District High School and are doing very well. While at St. Henry School they participated in many extra curricular activities that helped them make many good friends with whom they still remain close. I would recommend St. Henry School to anyone wanting a strong academic curriculum in a Christian environment for their children.

Posted February 18, 2009

St. Henry has been an excellent beginning to our children's education. We couldn't ask for more caring teachers. All three of our children have different personalities and academic strengths. St. Henry has been able to meet the needs of each of them at their own levels. Through their accelerated programs my children have been given the opportunity to advance academically and gain confidence in their own abilities. The academics are just one aspect. We would not trade the religious education our children are receiving for anything. They learn not only by classroom instruction but by example. St. Henry is a strong academic shool with deep rooted christian values. An excellent choice for anyone seeking a great education for their children.

Posted September 19, 2008

Let me preface this by saying that our son is pretty smart. St. Henry is not a good school for smart children. The teacher that we had was unresponsive to our needs and did not communicate with us ie. she moved my son up to a third grade math class without contacting us at all. The kids bullied my son and she did not tell us about it. St. Henry tuition at $4200 a year is not worth the money Mary Queen of Heaven is $1000 less. If you have an average child and don't mind blowing the money St. Henry is great, if you expect the teacher student ratio to provide special attention look elsewhere. The smartboards are neat, but the ciriculum leaves something to be desired... challenge.

Posted July 12, 2008

We have been at St. Henry for seven years now and have had a wonderful experience. Our children's teachers communicated well with us concerning any issues. The school has also improved it's technology department every year since we have been there. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a quality parochial education.

Posted May 9, 2007

When I enrolled my daughter at St. Henry, it was the most horrible experience I could imagine for my family. My daughter was constantly bullied, and I contacted the teachers a number of times, and was always assured that it would be handled, but it continued for the 3 years that we stuck it out.As a parent I felt that I was even treated like I had the plague. On several occasions I would try to speak to other parents waiting to pick up their kids after school, and I was ignored. The Principal would look me right in the eye when I would say hello to him, and he would not even crack a smile.We were new to the school, and treated so terribly, that we pulled our daughter out. She was only in the 5th grade and showing signs of depression, and her grades were suffering.Horrible, Rude, Ignorant People.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Covington

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3825 Dixie Highway