9-12 & Ungraded
Fairdale, KY

Posted May 08, 2013
I go to Fairdale High School, in Louisville Ky, and I am a junior. Though Fairdale may not have a good rep because of past violence and bad test scores, our principal, Brad Weston, is changing everything about our school. No longer are there fights everyday, they are now far and few. No more are there bad test scores, because he has created a more strict curriculum based upon how the students learn. The teachers seem to care more and so does the faculty. I've heard many people put my school down, and it genuinely bothers me because they do not know the changes Mr. Weston has made, nor do they know how we all, as a school, strive to make Fairdale top again. My advice to new students is to not become lazy and to be prepared for some serious learning. Fairdale will no longer be a name that people scrunch their faces at. Fairdale will be a school the students will be proud to graduate from; how do I know this? Simple, because I'm both excited and proud to be graduating from Fairdale.

Posted February 14, 2010
my son is a sophmore at Fairdale an my step son is a freshman.My youngest son will also attend as a freshman next year. They are both involoved ins sports at fairdale with grade point averages of a 4.0 an 4.2. The faculty and coachs are very wonderful at Fairdale. Did I mention that I also attended Fairdale? I graduated in 1994. Thanks to all the wonderful teachers at Fairdale. You are all doing a great job with our children.

Fairdale High School Mca 0

Posted September 16, 2009
This school continues to break bridges every year. An accredited advanced placement school, students are being greatly prepared for further advancement and success in college.

Fairdale High School Mca 0

Posted April 08, 2009
I go to Fairdale High and out of school I hear alot of people say some messed up things about it, but I say it is a good school and my children are going here for high school too.

Posted February 11, 2009
I go to Fairdale and have had heared alot of people say fairdale is just a bunch of rednecks. Well people heard wrong Fairdale is a great school we strive to become better everday. The teachers are funny and awsome they all have a fun side to them. When you need help or just need to talk to someone all the staff can lend you a hand. I personaly love fairdale and it is a great school to be at.

Fairdale High School Mca 4

Posted February 23, 2008
People always underestimate Fairdale. They say it is not academically successful, and the kids have no manners. As a student at Fairdale I don t see how the school received a 2 out of 10 ranking. Last year we had eight governor scholars which is a big accomplishment, and this year we hope to have more. Overall judgment of Fairdale is wrong; there are hardly any fights, racial conflicts, and/or bullying. I hear people say that Fairdale is a bad school and it is not good enough for my kid. These are false statements. People don t give us a chance. Just wait a couple years and Fairdale will be a Top Dog for academic success. We are Getting the Advance Placement program and we are already a Magnet Career Academy.

Fairdale High School Mca 4

Posted October 19, 2007
- a former student
Fairdale actually feels like a small town school on par with what you would see in a modern day making of the movie 'Hoosiers'. I played ball there, and saw parents in the stands who had not had children in the school in 30 years, thus is the community feel of FHS. The teachers usually start at Fairdale early in their careers and stay until the end of those careers. I went my freshman year to the big Traditional High School in Louisville, and encountered nothing but cliques and indifference from the staff the staff there unless your family was one of the powers that be in Louisville. Upon entering Fairdale for my sophomore year, I encountered nothing but small town values and an earnest interest in doing for the good for the student to help the community. I recommend being a Bulldog to anyone...

Fairdale High School Mca 2

Posted August 24, 2007

Fairdale High School Mca 2

Posted May 29, 2007
- a former student

Posted November 07, 2006

Fairdale High School Mca
1001 Fairdale Rd, Fairdale, KY  40118
Last modified Fairdale High School Mca is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairdale High School Mca Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top