PK, 4-5

Posted November 10, 2008

Russell-Mcdowell Intermediate School 4

Posted April 09, 2008

Posted April 24, 2007
I have a daughter who has been a student at this school for the past two years. The administration has been fantastic. They have not been afraid to make changes for the better. I am very satisfied with the the programs that my daughter has been involved in and am looking forward to working with the school when my son is a student in a couple of years.

Posted January 05, 2007
Last year my son attended school at the Russell Primary. I may add he attended since he was in Kindergarten. We have had nothing but the best from my son's Teachers and Staff. The Teacher's took time out to help my son with his math. He made good grades. Where we moved the school he is attending at the present time doesn't take time out to help my son with his math. Let alone the other student's that need a little help with a subject. My son's grades have gone down at the school he attends at the present time. The school my son attends now the Teacher's are like there to make a buck. Other words do not care about the children's education. I never had this problem at Russell Primary. I have had nothing but Excellent results with the Teacher's and Staff. I highly recommend the school.

Russell-Mcdowell Intermediate School 2

Posted March 11, 2006
my daughter goes to this school she is in the fourth grade. this year a lot of things have changed. the new principal has cut out parties, dances. i dont think this is right for the students. if they do something good they need to have some rewards sometime. parties yeah maybe getting older and outgrowing them but what about dances. Education is good here. my daughter has been on the honor roll here all year and my other daughter who attended last year received a proficient award last year for this school. Money is another big thing that russell schools are really into. Always wanting money for this and that even though the kids have fundraisers they work hard to sell items and if they dont hit the specific amount of items to sell then they dont get to join the mega party.

Posted April 13, 2004
My son really thrived in this school. I had Mrs. Harris the principal for a libarian when I went there,she is a principal who listens not only to the teachers,but to the parents as well. She doesn't take sides,she listens with an open mind to the teacher,student,and parent. This school gives the students more freedom to decide what they want to do,they are no longer held by the hand and guided,which they will need as they go farther up in grades. I feel this school and it's staff has well prepared my son for Middle school next year.

Russell-Mcdowell Intermediate School
1900 Long St, Flatwoods, KY  41139
Last modified Russell-Mcdowell Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Russell-Mcdowell Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top