Florence Elementary School 1

Posted February 28, 2014
I don't like this school. I miss the old principle. The principle now has an attitude like she is better than every one else. She does not take concerns well at all. She get defensive and mad. I wish the district would get her our of there. Not a great school for a child with severe food allergies. Most of the time horrible communication. The only good thing I can say is that I love some of the office staff. They are great with me and my son. And I like the nurse Other than that, I have nothing good to say about this school.

Posted November 16, 2013
My children LOVE to go to school here. We moved here from Mason County and my children prefer Florence Elementary over their previous grade school. The principal is awesome! Very involved..I read the previous posts about having to wait outside to do parent pick up. Although it may not be what the adults enjoy doing..its for the safety of the students. YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE A BACKGROUND CHECK TO PICK UP CHILDREN FROM SCHOOL. So I'll wait outside to ensure my childrens safety! Good job Florence!

Posted September 04, 2013
We loved Florence for our oldest and happy for our little one to be here! She loves it so far! The office staff did awesome helping with any issues the first week We feel that communication is open if we have any concerns or questions. Very happy that Mrs. Resing is now the principal. Great job Florence!

Posted August 20, 2012
I have 2 granddaughters who are in 1st grade and 4th grade at Florence, they both love it as well as myself and their mother..they have attended since day 1 and love the teachers, principal, students...great school, so happy my grandchildren will be attending Florence Elem.

Florence Elementary School 2

Posted March 24, 2010
my son went to this school and I did not like it that much at all. the prinibal has his favortie students and he pays more attention to them, and that isnt right.when you pick up your child from school you have to wait outside they will not let you inside to wait at all, LOCK DOWN, but ockerman will let you in you sign in and then show ur id and go in the cafteria and sit down, the way it should be, I am glad we moved to get out OUT of Florence elematary and my son has adhd and they didnt help him thru school with that, no IEP OR 504 plan with them, they just let him struggle, bad school in my book. They need to fix that school or they will not do good at all. I feel sorry for the students.

Florence Elementary School 2

Posted July 07, 2009

Posted June 12, 2009
The principal and all other staff members are ALL friendly and helpful. I go to the school often and have never been rushed out of the office or ignored. I have seen some people who come in frequently and think that the school office people don't have work to do and expect them to have time to chit chat about the weather. Schools are only there to help educate, you have to DO something to help your own child not just go whine and complain. The teachers are excellent, the school is consistently improving scores because it is making children actually have to work to get good grades. There are programs to assist children with legitimate special needs. The teachers also are excellent dealing with problem students that I would send to the principal's office if I had to deal with them because their parents haven't taught them how to behave.

Florence Elementary School 3

Posted June 11, 2009
Well i didnt care for this school to much, we moved just recentley so he has to go to another school, i am glad i dont like the princibal there he has his favorite students and my son isnt one of them, he wont look at us or anything very rude and so it the assistant prinibal, just not out going at all. And they dont want you in the office unless you have business there, they are not parent friendly type of school. And my son was having problems, he has adhd in 2nd grade he was having problems with his school work, and they tested him but wouldnt change his work load, no iep even thought he was having a hard time with grades etc. They werent understanding at all. It just wasnt right. I wouldnt recommmend the school. And parent pickup you have to wait outside.

Posted March 30, 2009

Posted October 02, 2008

Florence Elementary School
103 Center St, Florence, KY  41042
Last modified Florence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florence Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top