Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My first 3 children had outstanding teachers. They were very prepared for middle school and high school. My children scored mostly distinguished on the state test and was able to receive high scores on their ACT. I am a firm believer that a good foundation of stills build and my children had a wonderful and solid foundation of learning at Florence. My youngest is now getting that solid foundation and will take her 1st test this year and I feel she has been prepared for this test by her teachers.

I had three children that went to Florence and my youngest is still there. I love the new building and the wonderful, helpful staff. The principals has always been helpful and understanding. I love all the after school programs and fun projects they do at Florence. My daughter loved the singing performance last fall. My youngest loves the art club and choirs. The school always has so much going on for my child to get involved in. The running club is such a fun activity. I even get to go and run with my child. I feel so lucky that my child has teachers that care and are amazing with my child. She is ADHD and has a reading problem and the staff is so helpful. She likes to read now because of some of her teachers. I love this school.

This schools is terrible. Do not go here. Building is old, plus it is next to a graveyard. The teachers an staff are unprofessional. The principals with call you as a parent "dude" or "buddy" the staff hates it when you ask questions. They don't like doing their jobs. Half of them are young. I feel I have taught my kids more than them. They ask me how to do their homework, I ask if they were taught this they say no. You will get truancy letters if you pick them up 5 min early. I didn't know recess was a educational requirement. They love drama, and revel in falsely accusing parents of child abuse. I was investigated because my child threw a tantrum about waning something. But to them that means you beat them. No bruises or anything but they assume abuse. I have seen more professionalism at McDonald's than here. Kids come home hungry because if the class is noisey they take away their lunchtime. They are snobby and are kind in the beginning this is a ruse. Once your in prepare for Hell. You wait outside to pick up kids in the elements. There is always random teenagers an old people. And it seems there is no setting time that they release the kids. This place is terrible. If it's your only option consider homeschooling.

I don't like this school. I miss the old principle. The principle now has an attitude like she is better than every one else. She does not take concerns well at all. She get defensive and mad. I wish the district would get her our of there. Not a great school for a child with severe food allergies. Most of the time horrible communication. The only good thing I can say is that I love some of the office staff. They are great with me and my son. And I like the nurse Other than that, I have nothing good to say about this school.

My children LOVE to go to school here. We moved here from Mason County and my children prefer Florence Elementary over their previous grade school. The principal is awesome! Very involved..I read the previous posts about having to wait outside to do parent pick up. Although it may not be what the adults enjoy doing..its for the safety of the students. YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE A BACKGROUND CHECK TO PICK UP CHILDREN FROM SCHOOL. So I'll wait outside to ensure my childrens safety! Good job Florence!

We loved Florence for our oldest and happy for our little one to be here! She loves it so far! The office staff did awesome helping with any issues the first week We feel that communication is open if we have any concerns or questions. Very happy that Mrs. Resing is now the principal. Great job Florence!

I have 2 granddaughters who are in 1st grade and 4th grade at Florence, they both love it as well as myself and their mother..they have attended since day 1 and love the teachers, principal, students...great school, so happy my grandchildren will be attending Florence Elem.

I do think Florence is a great school and does have great teachers and administration. I do think it lacks parent involvement but the school is always do things to improve this. (And it has actually gotten better in the 3 years we have been there.) There is a lot of school pride. There seems to be constant encouragement for the students to excel.

my son went to this school and I did not like it that much at all. the prinibal has his favortie students and he pays more attention to them, and that isnt right.when you pick up your child from school you have to wait outside they will not let you inside to wait at all, LOCK DOWN, but ockerman will let you in you sign in and then show ur id and go in the cafteria and sit down, the way it should be, I am glad we moved to get out OUT of Florence elematary and my son has adhd and they didnt help him thru school with that, no IEP OR 504 plan with them, they just let him struggle, bad school in my book. They need to fix that school or they will not do good at all. I feel sorry for the students.

The principal and all other staff members are ALL friendly and helpful. I go to the school often and have never been rushed out of the office or ignored. I have seen some people who come in frequently and think that the school office people don't have work to do and expect them to have time to chit chat about the weather. Schools are only there to help educate, you have to DO something to help your own child not just go whine and complain. The teachers are excellent, the school is consistently improving scores because it is making children actually have to work to get good grades. There are programs to assist children with legitimate special needs. The teachers also are excellent dealing with problem students that I would send to the principal's office if I had to deal with them because their parents haven't taught them how to behave.

Last modified Florence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.